Chapter 13- Missing

It's quiet in the lobby. Each spirit stares at the other unsure of how to act.

Haku whispers quietly with an important spirit in the corner. They converse between them selves, the conversation halted for a moment and Haku glances back at me. He looks... concerned before he sucks in a breath and returns to his speaking. I shake my head and stay seated, holding Kiseki in my lap and clutching Lins hand. She quivers in fright for she was the first to witness the... kidnapping.

"It was just eyes Y/N! They were... white and glassy. They stared... no, glared at me. And then... then-" she broke back into tears and hid in my shoulder. My kimono was soaked in her tears while my daughter tried to keep calm. She turns to whisper in my ear with a frightened voice,

"Mommy, when can we go to sleep??"

My breathing stills and rubbing her back, my mind wanders. When was I going to sleep. This whole idea of spirits missing was scaring me. This was the second spirit to be taken from the Aburaya and I wasn't too pleased about that. I whisper back to Kesi, softly so Lin can't hear. "When everything is quiet again" her little nod against my chest is enough to weaken my heart. Lin has slowed to sniffles.

I can deal with sniffles.

Watching the house while the staff tried to keep customers content, was hard. Everyone knew something was up, thankfully no one spoke about it. Staff worked extra hard to keep focused, customers enjoyed the care and...

I comforted Lin.

She hadn't showed this much emotion- ever I think. I wasn't used to the raw feelings of my best friend. Her hardness against the world kept her safe and for her to take down the walls so fast? It shook a lot of people in the house.

But we all wanted to help her. So we would.

Later on that evening I'm wrapped in blankets, Kiseki presses close to me. She cuddles with my hair in her small fist as she dozed to sleep. Haku watches us as he lies on his elbow, gazing at his family.

"She is so peaceful" his kind smile is so warming that it does something to my own melancholy feelings. I watch him with heart wrenching love and gaze back at our miracle daughter while her fiddling with my hair ceases. "She is" I mutter rubbing a gentle hand down her face. Hakus eyes flicker to my own, wondering and thinking. That's when the tension rises slightly, not bad tension.

((Just remembered I have got young readers, this may become... explicit... so skip the rest of the chapter. I promise nothing major will be missed. It's just a bit of a treat for the OTP))

Sexual tension.

He bites his lip and sighs, frustrated. He gently pries Kiseki off of me and settles the kid into her own blankets. He swings over to me and lies beside me, clutching me to him. I know that look. He is...

wild.

Dragon wild.

"Have you ever thought of having... more?" His sly questions doesn't slide over me easy. I gulp and look at his icy blue eyes and rest my hand in his shoulder. "Yeah" I say, cautious of waking the deep sleep of my baby girl. He smirks and presses his forehead to mine.

"Would you ever... want more?" He asks, his gaze is now focused on our girl. Our daughter.

Our miracle.

"I'm not sure" I say again, slightly breathless. He nods slightly unsure and rests his face in the crook of my neck. "I want more" he whispers and looks at me, deciphering his options.

My breath hitches in my throat and watching his lust filled gaze I know quite well what's in store for me. He breathes deeply into my skin and peppers kisses between his words.

"Do you?" This short sentences thing that was happening wasn't suiting me at all. He was talking about a second pregnancy. I didn't even know if that was possible. But I wasn't arguing. I had thought about it before. Looking at Kiseki? She needed company. She didn't feel right playing with other spirits kids, she felt her horns put her out of place. Considering what kids were around here, it was a... innocent qualm. The children were spirits for goodness sake. She represented the spirit of miracles. Because she was one her self.

But it didn't disrupt the fact that Haku was on top of me begging for an answer.

I stared back at him, noticing the tiny freckles that dotted his nose from his limited time in the sun. Thanks to me, it became frequent. I loved the day. I shouldn't, but I did. It was a little guilty secret of mine.

So was Haku.

His feverish kisses on me were determined and sure. I complied. Words weren't needed in this moment. Hands trailing each other's bodies, traveling across skin that was only touched by each other.

"I want more" I whisper and that's all that was needed for him to pull me out of the beds and carry me to the office. Where we carried out our... endeavours.

•••

The next night, our minds were focused on the member of staff that had been robbed from our grasps. An older spirit it seemed, his name was Jinko and he'd worked for the Aburaya for years. Centuries. So he was being missed.

Greatly.

Lin was still a nervous wreck. Jinko has been her mentor and she held a special place for him in her heart. He had the features of a crane. He was a crane. He had the long beak, spindly legs and beady eyes only a long wispy beard that used to appear from his beak. But he was a father figure in the Bathouse. He wasn't going to die with his memory, that was for certain.

He would be remembered, no matter the consequence. I will remember.

A/N
And thus the beginning of our next plot, hold onto your seats kids this is a rocky ride.

Cookies and cream,

-AA