Chapter 29- Seeping Power

My claws dug into the black shadows holding Lin hostage. I threw my body between them and the furnace, pushing them back as we fought. Lin falls o the right, a cry of pain escaping her as she crashed into the wall. I was on the floor, in a ball of fury tangled with these shadows. I refused to allow them destroy me again. Not now. They would hurt no one anymore.

"They've came!" Akujo hollers watching from her throne. The thundering of feet echoed around us, I caught glimpses of Haku ripping shadows to shreds with the katanas. He was creating pillars of air, climbing higher and higher, decapitating the bodies and letting them fall to a mass grave.

The shadow on my back was burly, strong. It's arms snaked around my ribs beginning to squeeze, trying to break my bones. Writhing in its grip, I manage to snake my tail around its ankle and trip it, turning my head in time to bite its neck and cause it to lose its grip. Without a second chance, it's head was rolling away and the second shadow was clawing at my legs. That one was smaller and easier to be rid of, a quick slash at its neck left it bleeding black on the rocky ground.

"Y/N! Get Lin!!" Haku shouts from across the room, pulling the katanas across a shadows neck from behind. Turning I see Lin being bundled into the arms of another minion, dragged towards the furnace. She's kicking and screaming as Akujos white eyes follow us from her seat in the centre.
I haven't used any of my earth skills yet. I wasn't confident manipulating such an old and steady force- so fire and heat was what I was comfortable with. Firing a ball of molten magma, it seared through the shadows chest as it screeched, writhing on the floor till it became still. I picked Lin up in my jaws, setting her on my back and looking at Haku. He was still surrounded by those creatures, although he was doing well warding them off. He hasn't even shifted yet - Lin taps me on the neck, we're standing at the far wall, but she points to Akujo.

Who's looking right at us.

"Y/N. I followed you for so long, and here we are." She grins watching us from the chair, strapped down. "You little rat. Ruining all my plans just when they start to come into our reality." Akujo screams, so ear piercing and unholy that the ground shakes. Aku bursts into the room, her eyes scanning and noticing Haku first. Lin pulls me back, mumbling into my ear.
"Chihiro is here Y/N. I just don't know where." My eyes widen, a new fury burning inside of me. How dare that pest return to this world!
"Haku!" Roaring over the massacre he was creating, his head snaps towards me. Eyes alight and teeth grit, he nods. He throws the katanas towards us, morphing into that white fury of scales and talons, ripping everything around him to shreds.
I catch the katanas in my mouth, bringing the handles to Lin and motioning for her to get off.

"Protect your self. Stay away from the furnace - weak spots are they neck, head and centre of the chest." Aku was shifting into a giant grey fire wolf, her eyes yellow, and now trained on me. "If you find a way out. Go. I'll find you after."
Turning to face Aku, my lips pulled back into a snarl. I spread my feet, standing tall and hair risen. I must've looked vicious, because the shadows around Haku froze for a moment in fear.
There wasn't a word uttered, before Aku and I charged for each other. Our paws pounding the floor, the sound of our bodies crashing into each other boomed throughout the mountain, the fight vicious and fast. There wasn't any room for mistakes; she bites my neck and I claw at her eye - her howl echoing through the cavern.
Haku was trying to get to Akujo, making his way towards her through the mass of bodies. Slowly, he was getting closer to ripping her apart.
Aku slams me into the wall, a rock that had been jutting out creates a long gash along my side. With a roar of pain, I snap my head around and clasp her left ear in my jaw. Without a moments thought, I rip it from her skull, the skin and tendons tearing apart. She screams in pain, the blood rushing down through her fur and matting it.
"You bitch!" She screams, adrenaline fuelling her fury as she rips at my fur, pulling chunks of it out. The pain sears through me, like a hot iron rod being dragged across my body. We push off of the wall, landing back on the ground and brutalising each other's bodies. Aku manages to clamber on top of me, pressing a paw underneath my jaw and choking me. Her wolfy grin, staring down at me as I coughed, trying to throw her off. My head was beginning to pound, eyes watering. My vision was began tunnelling, I wanted to throw up.
Haku battled into her side, throwing her across the room and into the caverns wall. He'd forgotten about Akujo when he'd seen his sister on top of me, now the pair of them were brawling in the corner. Haku, clearly winning as he flew around her, slicing her body to shreds.

Lin screamed as she brought the katana across Akujo's neck. The woman spirit screamed, her head lolling backwards as black tendrils erupted from the wound. In a rush, I scrambled to stand, rushing to Lin as Akujo writhed in the locks and restraints. How useless was she, to have trapped herself there?
Lin stares at me with wide eyes, her face washed white. "W-what-" Her voice trembles as she backs away from the dying spirit. I place my head at her torso, pushing her gently to the far corner beneath the vent we had entered through.
"Stay." I hummed, thanking her with a slight bow of my head. I turn to see a familiar orb of white begin to appear.
He envelops the room in a silence, everything seems to slow. I can see Haku and his sister fighting in slow motion, her paw waiting to connect with his cheek, his jaws waiting to close on her tail.

"What a show, Y/N." Shin'yu appeared, but instead he wasn't that glowing orb. Now, Shin'yu stood tall and proud, a glowing golden figure of a man with waist length hair. His being was solid gold, like a holy apparition. He looked down at Akujo, her head cocked to the side and mouth open, those white, lifeless eyes stared at him. A gargling sound escaped her;
"Brother."
Shin'yu smirked, looking back at me and Lin. "I believe it time I take my sister home. She's caused enough harm." He walked behind her chair, the rest of the room still held in pause. "You'll have to fix that little issue yourself." He jabbed a thumb over his shoulder at the furnace. He placed a hand on her shoulder, wisps of spirits seeped from Akujo, flying towards the furnace, vanishing inside and causing it to violently shake. "I wish you well." He smiled, Akujo coming back to normal speed and snapping her gaze up at him. The siblings disintegrated, the ashes blowing away on a ghost breeze.

A/N

Two more chapters my loves, and our story will come to its finale.

Stay tuned, this next chapter will be out shortly!!

cookies and cream,

-AA

[unedited]