Epilogue

So gentle, he set me down upon the grass. My knees felt weak, ready to buckle.
"Stay here love. I'll go check the cottage." Haku helps me sit, our wounds stung and bled. He hobbled forward, tentatively pushing open the door. "Zeniba?" I hear him call before he vanishes into the unlit kitchen.
A pot crashes to the ground when Haku comes hurrying back out with a smile on his face. "Hurry darling." He lifts me up, the pair of us leaning on one another making our way inside. I wanted to find Kiseki, hold her. Tell her that mommy is back.
"You wonderful children!" Zeniba hurried forward, appearing from behind the bedroom door Kiseki had been in. "You did it! You truly succeeded!" The elderly witch engulfs us in her arms, she smells like fresh sage and lemons. "Come, come. They wait for you in here."
She helps us find our way in the dark, and sure enough as she clicks her fingers, the lanterns light showing Kiseki and Yubaba emerge from the bedroom.
"Baby-" Escapes me as I fall to the ground before my daughter. She hurries forward, wrapping those tiny arms around my broken self. Haku collapses beside me, that strong embrace wrapping around us. We sit still, my silent tears falling on her clean, healthy skin.
"Mommy, don't cry! Your home now." She kisses my cheek and holds on a bit tighter.
"My beautiful girls-" Haku chokes, his body trembling above us. This would be the last time we'd have to worry about an evil in our home. The last time we would be separated. The last time we would risk anything so outrageous again.

"You succeeded in returning my sister and peace to the realm. I can't congratulate you enough." Yubaba nods beside Zeniba, the pair with an arm wrapped around one another. "Stay as long as you like. I'll prepare tea-"
"No need, Granny." Haku kisses the top of my head before standing. He stumbles slightly with the pain of his wounds. "It's time for us to go home. We can heal back there." She looks between us, and down at Kiseki.
"Well at least take the train." She roots through a drawer in the china cupboard, before producing three tickets. She hands them to Haku, "We are eternally grateful to you." She oats the top of his hand, before waving a finger and filling our bags with our belongings. Items we had brought with us floated towards the satchels, settling at the door. "No Face will carry them to the train. You two best be hurrying. It'll be here soon." Haku nods, looking down to Kiseki and I.
"Are you ready?" He brushes a hand along my hair, patting Kiseki's shoulder simultaneously. I nod, picking Kiseki off the ground. I obviously wasn't ready to carry her, because I collapsed back down. Haku chuckles, looking to our daughter.
"Mama fought her own battles today. Think you can walk, darling?" Kiseki nods, excited to have a mission.
I smile, genuine. Our family was back together. But of course... there was still one thing eating away at me.

Haku is leading Kiseki through the door, No Face had eaten our luggage and the Lamp was waiting by the gate. The witches had lenses Haku and I canes, just to lessen the pressure on our injuries. As Kiseki and Haku walked out the door, I turned to Zeniba and Yubaba.
"Did Chihiro die in the furnace?" Yubaba shakes her head no, opening her mouth.
"I've returned have I not? She's dead in this world. But rest assured she is with the living." I nod, looking down the path to see everyone waiting for me.
"And... Lin?"
"Go back to the Aburaya and see for yourself."

Haku and I hold hands as we make our way down the path, No Face and Kiseki walk behind the lamp, silent. Kiseki has a smile on her face I have not seen in a long time, but she seems so determined. Little legs making their way down the dirt road.
Her horns glisten in the lamps light, black ridges gleaming. Her raven black hair sways past her shoulders, a copy of her father.
As we hobble along, Haku squeezes my hand. "I love you, Y/N." He mumbles it in my ear, looking timid.
"And I love you."

We board the train, it's yellow lights illuminating the tracks. Spirits sit silently and watch us board, No Face regurgitates the luggage before stepping out and waving goodbye. Haku and I sit down, Kiseki beside me. As the train pulls away from its port, chugging towards the Aburaya Kiseki lays her head on my lap. I smooth her hair down, praising her for the long walk she succeeded on. She falls asleep, and I lean against Haku.
Hours later, with the sun setting and dusk fast approaching, the Aburaya comes into sight. It's hulking mass refurbished and back to its former glory, lights begin to flicker on inside.

At the port, a rowboat is waiting for us. I stir Kiseki awake, guiding her out the door as the train stops. Haku drags the satchels along behind us and loads them into the boat.
"Been a while since I bothered with one of these." Chuckling, he sits down between the oars. I help Kiseki step in, and sit beside Haku taking the left oar. He smiles, and together we row back to the stairs at the edge of the cliff.
This was so serene, a flock of sparrows flits above our heads, singing a happy song. The sky is clear, blue and fluffy white clouds are sparse amongst its expanse.
"Daddy- why are you and Mommy hurt?" Kiseki looks at us up and down, there was still blood and dirt on our clothes. We hadn't taken a moments rest. We could do that at home, together.
"We will be fine darling, Mommy and I were fighting bad guys."
"Did you win Dad?"
"Of course we did! All thanks to your Mother."
Kiseki beams, peering up at me as we row towards the stairs.
"My Mommy is the strongest spirit ever."
"Indeed she is." 
Haku pressed a kiss to my head. This, was so peaceful. This is what we deserved after so much turmoil.
We docked the boat against the stairs, Haku stood lifting Kiseki out first. I handed him the bags, hissing as a wound re- opened. "You alright?" His concerned voice made me smile, his extended hand became two as he picked me up and out of the rowboat.
"I've been through worse.
He smiles, giving me a quick peck on the lips. Together we climbed the stairs, Haku and I using the canes and carrying the bags.
Kiseki pushed open the sliding doors to one of the Bath Houses many entrances. We could hear the bustling and familiar pat of bare feet running along the wooden floors.
"Look everywhere for the Master and Mistress! They have to somewhere around here!"
"Did you check their rooms?"
"Yes! How about the office?"
"I was just up there!!"

Haku put a hand on my lower back, Kiseki walked before us as we hobbled behind. We emerged from the shadowed hallway, to find the baths bustling and our staff frantically running all over the ground. They stopped almost simultaneously, spotting us one by one and smiles growing.
"They've come back!!!"
We were surrounded by our staff, each of them shouting their praises and thanks for our rescuing them. The women hurried forward, shoving the frogs out of the way.
"Cant you see they are hurt? Someone get Kiseki a warm bath!" One of the ladies shouted above the others, Haku and I were sat down and tended too. They put us on tatami mats, carrying us to our rooms on these stretchers. It felt so nice robe taken care of, relaxed and at ease. As they carried us upstairs, Haku looked towards me, a small smirk on his cut lips.
"Isn't there someone you wanted to find?"
My eyes widened, grabbing the kimono of the lady beside me. "Lin. Where is she?" I prayed she was here, that I'd managed to save her. Please Shin'yu let her be here-
"She's in her rooms resting. She has some serious burn marks on her arms and legs but they will heal."
I sink back down, a smile overtaking my face in joy. We had done it. We had saved everyone.

"Hey Y/N?" As they set us down in our beds, rushing to take off our bloody clothes and clean the wounds, Haku reached over and held my hand.
"Yes?"
"I love you, so much. Your amazing. You care so much for everyone, the little things you do mean so much to me. I couldn't have found a better mate, and I adore you. With all that I am. Thank you, for staying by my side." Tears welled in his eyes as he watched me with steady eyes, his smile wavering and threatening to burst into sobs.
"Haku, my darling-" I rubbed my thumb along his hand, squeezing it gently.

"I love you. With all that I am. We will always be together, forever."

"Forever."