Chapter 12- History Lessons

"Ok, let's begin at the beginning" Haku claps his hands together as  Kiseki stays bundled in my arms from our position on the floor. Both of us expectantly looking up at the man whom was intent on filling us in on the history of the Aburaya and all the occupants. The history of the spirits. And what has made them what they are today.

Haku sighs and a complacent smile dawns on his kind face.

"Alright, this is the story of how a woman and man ruined the world"

•••

"It all began on a warm summers day. At this time, around 500 years ago. Spirits were capable of living carefree. Happy and content. We basked in sunlight and slumbered in the night. Curtained by glittering stars. Two spirits are the start of our story.

Our female character is named Akujo... and our main male lead is Shin'yu..."

Hakus eyes become hard at the remembrance of such a tale. "Get comfortable darlings, and prepare for what you are about to hear".

Haku continues solemnly, "Akujo, was a kind womanly spirit. She was a good kindred soul. But not many liked her. Due to her looks and her kindly nature the spirits didn't want to understand Akujo, and that was the biggest mistake they ever made. Akujo had a brother, his name was Shin'yu. A tall man with arms as big as trees. Shin'yu caused trouble where ever he went. He molested girls. He stole from widows and killed the innocent. He was a demon in his own right. But the problem with Shin'yu was he didn't understand love. Like many spirits in the realm none of them truly understood love. When they all left Earth, they came to this world in discontent, because they were never loved. Albeit some spirits permanently resided here." Haku points towards himself in acknowledgement. "Spirits who lived in the Spirit world were spirits of something earthly or even celestial perhaps even spiritual. But they had a responsibility. Mine, was of course the rivers." Haku paces up and down the room. "Akujo died a happy woman. She never loved, but she wasn't made of hatred. It was this that made the spirits suspicious of her. Her own brother, Shin'yu didn't trust her. And rightly so."

"One faithful day, Akujo was walking towards the springs. Tears in her eyes from the crude names and insults that had been fired her way. It was at the water did she find Shin'yu. Commiting his fourth murder this week. Akujo didn't know where to turn. So she hid in the brush. She watched terrified at what her brother was doing, when the soul had departed the poor, tortured body Shin'yu turned to face his sister in the brush. He stared at her long and hard. 'Arise sister, for your innocence has deserted you' Akujo exited the brush and stood before Shin'yu. It was then, that the faith of the world twisted upon itself...

Shin'yu attempted to cure what his sister had witnessed. Trying to erase what she had seen. But Akujo was not to be fooled. So with a frustrated cry and a pained heart she roared at her brother. 'MONSUTĀ! MONSUTĀ!' And ran from her own blood. She ran and ran. Until she fell and her feet gave up on her...

Shin'yu searches for his beloved sister. But to no avail his searching was in vain. Word traveled that Akujo had vanished and spirits became guilty. Shin'yu changed then, his own guilt capturing him. He cursed himself for not protecting his sister. For not saving her from the cruelties of the spirits and the world.

But instead he introduced her too it first hand.

A new sense dawned upon Shin'yu. He vowed to never commit a crime again and in return he would help souls travel to the spirt world safely. In respect for all the souls he killed, he killed his old self and reformed as something new. Something that his name destined him to be.

As for his sister such brilliant change did not arise from her. She was a damaged girl. And was gone to far for repair. Akujo became nasty, a vile woman and spiteful to all her wronged her. She vowed to ruin this world. And she vowed that she would make everyone's life a living hell like they did for her.

She said that a life on earth prepares you for the life in hell.

Akujo rained terror down upon the spirit world. Her powers increasing and destroying everything in her path. She killed, she ruined and she destroyed. The world was on its knees, begging to be set free.

Shin'yu commited his final good doing in sacrifice for all the wrongs he had made. Shiny commited a Gisei. A spell that doomed him and his sister to an otherworldly form. They became orbs. Orbs of life and death. Shin'yu continued to help spirts travel to the spiriting world. While Akujo not accustomed to her new form, rested in the shallow cruelties in the world. When somebody says something mean to you, Akujo sits on their tongue. When someone commits a crime, Akujo is in their hands. And when somebody dreams a nightmare, Akujo has solitude in their mind.

She was everything bad.

And he was everything good.

Shin'yu no Akujo.

Everything is not as it seems."

•••

Haku peered down at his sleeping family. Kiseki clutching too Y/N while happily sucking her thumb. Y/N was a picture of beauty. Her beautiful face peaceful and her body a work of art. Haku left the bedroom. His mind on a train down memory track while he recounted his story.

He sat at his mahogany desk and opened the drawer which housed the little key that Kiseki had brought them. He leaned on the table while spinning it around in his fingers. When the light caught a part of the key, it didn't glisten. This peeked Hakus interest and immediately he shifted to his dragon form. Peering down at the little scrap of metal he fixated it to the light. And it didn't catch on that shard of the key. This is where Haku placed his claw and gently scraped down along the battered key.

A minuscule compartment opened and out feel a tiny price of parchment. Haku returned to his humans form and unrolled the paper eagerly.

"Behind a great oak as old as time, this is where you begin your rhyme. But fear not my friend, for this is not the end. At the end of your travels, a seeker will appear. She is all but good, she is wrong and right. You are the judge of her doings. Go and discover the mystery and perhaps save the world, before chaos reigns, and the day suffers to night...

I'm waiting for you brother,

-Aku"

A/N
And there you have it a heavy information packed chapter that is sure to make you question this entire story heh. Yeah.

Cookies and cream,

-AA