Chapter 8- A Daring Truth

General POV

Kiseki sat at the dinner table. Scoffing her rice into her small mouth. A carrot flower decorated the side and she gnawed in that for a bit too. The meal was delicious to say the least and she couldn't wait for Y/N and Haku to come. The workers were nice but she favoured the loving couple instead. They group had a... good relationship.

(Has anyone figured it out??)

Kiseki continued to think, eating her rice and ignoring conversations as they took place about her. Her mind wandered off on a mini tangent. Y/N had gone missing for two days. No one could find her, Haku didn't let staff know because their would be havoc. His excuse was "She is ill, don't question it" and move off before someone could question him.

When Haku returned with Y/N all battered up in her dragon form they both looked so tired. He didn't greet anyone he just asked her to shift to human, (with a lot of effort and pain) and carried her upstairs. Treating her wounds by himself. The house was quiet and solemn. Seeing Y/N so hurt brought back awful memories but... Kiseki was at a loss with it all.

Y/N had healed quite quickly. Of course she had a limp and still was stiff but things were looking up. Haku helped her all the time, working minimal hours to constantly be by her side. They went everywhere together, for comfort and sometimes safety. Kiseki didn't understand why they were being so protective, who could hurt them.

Little did she know...

Haku and Y/N came into the dining room. The place silenced as the two of them wait at the head of the table. Haku at the top, Y/N at the right and Kiseki at the left. Haku bowed his head and everyone went back to their distant chatters. Kiseki's little round blue and E/C eyes stared unknowingly at Y/N. She hadn't seen her in so long. The woman before her was pale, her cheeks were hollow and her leg was constantly in a bandage as she hopped around the place. Sometimes Kiseki giggled, which she knew she shouldn't do. But to see an almighty woman who was so kind and loving to hop about like a damaged rabbit sometimes made the little innocent giggle.

Y/N felt the stare upon her and lifted her head to meet Kisekis gaze. She offered a weak smile before almost lazily eating her food. Haku stayed silent. He never was this quiet. The whole table seemed off now that the little girl thought of it. Did she say something? Did she do something she shouldn't have!? Did she break a friendship or anything of value that she wasn't aware of!?

Maybe it was her horns, they probably put people off. Or they way she was so quick in replies, like Y/N. Maybe the people thought she was rude. Maybe they hated her. Perhaps they did. They all did! Tats why they were so quiet and no one would talk to her.

Kisekis round eyes brimmed with salty tears. Her lip poured as she stood from the table. Quickly bowed and ran out the door with a loud sob of her emotions. Y/N looked at Haku startled and the rest of the table began to eat once again to pretend to be not staring. It was rude after all.

Y/N put her hands on the table and heaved her self up. The chunk in her leg had still not healed and the wound was so deep. But right now that little girl had something going on in her little head and she needed help. Y/N stumbled out of the dining room as quick as she possibly could. "Kiseki!?" She shouted trying to find the small girl. Haku walked out of the doors after saying his apologies to the staff and following the two females he had come to love dearly.

"She could be anywhere! What made the poor thing so upset?" Y/N began to worry as a mother would. She started pacing or rather limping back and forth. "I'll check the gardens" she said but when Haku gave her a cold stare she said nothing. "I'll find Kiseki" he said softly. "I will not be losing both of you" he gave Y/N a quick kiss before he sprinted down the halls towards the gardens.

Y/N leaned against a wall frustrated beyond belief. Her head spun in circles trying to think of what could upset Kiseki. Had her absence disturbed the young sprite? Had the way her and Haku being so glued together and almost afraid to leave each other, scared her? Was she unsettled by something?... had Y/N done something to upset her...?

Y/N sighed ignoring the water building up in her eyes. Quickly, she stood and limped up the corridors, she would search all the rooms in this entire bath house. She wouldn't stop until she found the little hato.

Kiseki buried herself into the bed beside Y/N's and Hakus. Her body wracked through with sad sobs and whispers of what she believed to be the truth. For she had upset all around her and that broke her heart. Little hands gripped the sheets and curled into a ball of frustrating and loving need.

Someone stepped into the room. Soft footsteps. She thought it was Y/N but there was no limp. The soft steps stopped beside Kisekis head. She smelled mint and river. It was Haku. "What's wrong little hato?" He whispered as he knelt down beside her. Kisekis cries died down a bit more. Someone cared about her. "Nothing." She murmured through sad tears and dug her face into a pillow. Haku sighed and a second pair of footsteps joined.

Pad.

Thump.

Silence.

Abrupt.

Y/N walked into the room. She had been crying. That pulled on something in Kisekis heart and she raised her eyes to meet the E/C ones that were fixed upon her.

Y/N kneeled down beside Haku with a grunt and help from her beloved. They stayed quiet until Kisekis whimpers died to nothing but a hushed whine. "Darling..." arms wrapped about her small frame and lifted her into a soothing embrace. "Tell me what's wrong" Y/N's voice was almost shaky as she clasped the young lass in her arms. Kiseki wrapped her arms around her neck. "I thought I did something wrong or that I caused the silence" she whispered and felt new tears brimming. Y/n rubbed a soothing hand up and down Kisekis back. "No little hato there are many reasons why the house is out of sorts." Y/N was smiling through her words. Not with joy, that was apparent. She felt Haku nod. "Indeed. Our absence and Y/N being hurt it put staff off. We will be back to normal in a few days, you'll see" his kind words gave Kiseki hope and she nodded against the soft skin of Y/N.

Strong arms wrapped around the pair of them in a calming way. The trio sat on the wooden ground holding onto each other. As if they were the anchor to sanity and the key to life was in each of their hearts.

A/N

I'm baaaaaaaccckkkk!

Spirited Away by the Shadows hit 10K READS!? WTF YOU LIKE THAT STORYY!????

I suppose you'd have to since your reading the second one ;-;

ANYWAYS HAVE A LOVELY WEEK/DAY/MONTH/WHENEVER MY LAZY ASS WRITES ANOTHER CHAPTER.

Cookies and cream,

-AA