Chapter 4- It goes like this...

"So I'm walking through a forest, it's dark and I can barely see a thing. Then, up ahead is a floating orb that lights up the forest. I run towards it and a sense of anger washes over me. In the background a child is crying, the orb is laughing and there is blue hue coming from behind it. Then I hear screams and overwhelming sadness." I take a deep breath from recalling the visions I had been having. At the beginning I thought they were dreams. But it was so realistic and it kept repeating that I started to take it more seriously. Lin nodded and sat silently waiting for me to continue.

"When I am a step away from the orb someone comes and pulls me away. Then a huge wolf stands beside the orb grinning and the ground begins shaking, them im swallowed into a black bottomless pit and a mix of fear and sadness follow me into the shadows" I sigh and look at Lin for any sign of emotion. A hint of what this could mean.

She furrowed her brows and tapped her leg with her finger. "A forest is the sign of a long journey, the dark is a sign of secrecy" she pauses trying to figure out other signs coming though in the vision. "I have no idea what the orb is about but the crying kid should be about your daughter, Blue is a sign of sadness and anguish. Screams are usually a sign of death or terror" Lin nods satisfied with her work in breaking down the vision.

"So your saying, that basically something big is going on and we have no idea what it is?" I ask with an eyebrow raised.

"Precisely!" She exclaims and grabs a biscuit from the table beside us. I nod, it was all I could do. "So what's happening in your visions Lin?" I question remembering how she told me she had been having a dream that was the exact same each time she slept.

"Well, I stand in the Aburaya and my friends start to crumble into Ash and blow away in the wind. Then I see a small statue kinda thingy and suddenly I feel really weak. Then I start to shrink and I can't breathe anymore. Then I wake up" I was stunned. I stared at Lin as she shrugged her shoulders so casually and leaned back against the wall. "I don't know about the Statue thing Lin" I stare at her in disbelief. She nods her head in agreement to what I'm about to say. "It's a sign of death. I figured" she sips on tea and crosses her legs.

She can't die.

This visions were wrong.

We were spirits. We couldn't just.... die again.

"Don't freak out Y/N, I'm gonna be fine! Anyways we are spirits, we can't die" she chuckles and stands up. Placing her cup on the table with care. "See ya around Y/N" and with that she walks out of the room, taking a sharp left and vanishing.

"They aren't true. They can't be true" I mumble while I clean away the cutlery. The conversation on replay like broken record in my muddled mind.

"Love?" Hakus voice startles the silence I had been enveloped in. "Yes?" I reply piling plates on the table. "I have a few minutes if you want to go for a walk..." Our walks were special. We would both shift into our dragons and stroll around the grounds in a quiet peace. "Sure"

We stepped outside into the crisp night air. Spirits convulsed within the newly refurbished building. Soon enough I was walking on four legs and he was gliding along beside me.

"It's too busy inside, I can feel a headache coming on" Hakus eyes trained on mine while we traveled through the twilight.

"You work too hard. It's a wonder your not bed bound" I picked up my pace, a low chuckle rumbled from behind and soon enough he stopped me in my tracks.

"You know I can't help it Y/N... it's my job." He pleaded for understanding. I wanted more time with him. It was to... too formal nowadays. "I know..." I smiled reassuringly.

A rustle from beside us caused both of us to jump into a defensive stance. Haku froze in mid air as his eyes trained on the bush. I growled low and deep.

A small helpless cry surprised both of us. We stayed still, stunned as we stared at the greenery and strained our ears for another sound of the small whimpers.

A little girl, about the age of two emerged from the shrubbery. Her long black hair matted and covered in mud and twigs. Her little body frigid with cold, dirt and fright. Her Blue and... and E/C eyes glazed with tears. She had... she had horns emerging from her head. They were straight and a light creamy, the same colours as Haku. The same shape as mine.

It's just coincidence.

I created a purring sound a fool a step closer. Her eyes widened as she studied the two of us. Her nose scrunched up and her lips trembled as she rushed forward and wrapped her tiny arms around my furry neck. An immediate maternal instinct took over. I shifted and grabbed the small child in my arms. She convulsed in terror and cries as she shook in my grasp. Her face pressed into my neck while I smoothed down her hair.

"We have to get some water and food" Haku tapped my shoulder, now back in his normal form. I nodded and picked the girl off the ground. She didn't stop crying. She hung on for dear life and all me and Haku could do was stare...

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter! I'm trying to get stuff out fairly quick buts it's harder than it looks.

There is a deep thing going down in book 2 so stay tuned!

Cookies and cream,

-AA