Chapter 5- Kiseki

WINNER OF COMPETITION IN THE A/N AT THE END.

The girl had quieted to soft sobs, muffled in my kimono. Her tiny frame shook with exhaustion and sadness as I carried her through the House up the back entrance past Kamaji. I didn't want anyone asking questions and bustling around me and Haku, we need to help the kid and that was what mattered most.

I sat down on the floor and held her in my arms. She put her thumb to her pink lips as I rocked back and forth. She rubbed circles in my neck while we sat and awaited for Haku to come back with things to help heal and clean the child.

"Whats your name love?" I ask quietly. I didn't want to stir her from her dreamy daze but I needed to know.

"K-Kiseki..." She murmured while continuing to draw circles on my neck. Kiseki... that meant Miracle right?

"That's a beautiful name" I smiled. She giggled in response and folded her legs up against her self as she began to nod off.

Haku came back into the room with one of my kimonos that had grown too small for me. Some towels and shampoo and a few medicines to heal her minor injuries a bit quicker.

"Kiseki, Haku is gonna help me clean you up ok? I'll go get a bath ready." Her small nod against my chest swelled my heart. I set her down on her feet as I stumbled up for the baths. Haku nodded at me as I walked out and I smiled.

After I had filled a private bath for the girl I returned to see Haku holding her in his lap, pulling leaves and twigs out of her long raven black hair. It was an adorable sight. He was being so careful and she was so relaxed against the man I loved so dearly.

"Bath is ready" I disrupted the moment and stepped closer to the pair. Kiseki smiles widely, the dry dirt cracking on her cheeks as she jumped up and grabbed my hand. "Thank you Master Haku! F-for helping me with m-my hair..." She lost her joyous voice and replaced it with a timid mumble. "Kiseki, dont call me Master Haku. Just Haku will suffice" he smiled warmly at the wee girl and she nodded, her big grin climbing to her lips.

"Well come on then. Bath will go cold if we wait any longer" I swung Kiseki on to my back as her delighted giggles sounded through the house. We raced down the halls dodging confused workers until we came to a stop outside the bath that was prepared inside. I looked down at her, unsure if I should assist her in the bathing process or if she wanted to do it by herself. After all I wasn't her mother.

"Um... Miss can you please... help me?" Her embarrassed tone melted me into goo. "Of course sweety come on"  I slid the door to the side and stepped in to the steam.

I lathered her black locks in shampoo and pulled the suds through it. She sat quite content making shapes in the bubbles. "Thank you Miss... for everything" she had a slight lisp that made her speech adorable. "No need to call me Miss, my name is Y/N. And certainly no need to thank me. It's the least I could do." I smiled while I rinsed her hair and a ghost of a smile lay on her lips.

I dried her in the towel and wrapped it around her head and horns, keeping her hair out of the way. I grabbed the kimono and fashioned it so it would make do for a night dress and wouldn't trip her up.

"Alright let's go find Haku then hm?" She nodded her head and grabbed my hand as we walked side by side through the well lit House.

"Well you look a lot better already Kiseki!" Haku commented the little girl and she adorned a cute blush. "Thanks Da- I mean Haku..." She stuttered and bowed in thanks. It sounded like she was about to call him... no impossible.

"Well anyways you can sleep in my bed Kiseki, I can sleep on the floor" I smiled down at toddler and she nodded heartily.

Me and Haku prepared our bed for the wee thing and she soon was sound asleep, wrapped in blankets.

"Where are we going to sleep?" I asked Haku as I crossed my legs and studied Kiseki.

"I'm not sleeping. I have work to catch up on and I'm going to search the area. Either she is lost and her parents are around here or she's running from something." I hadn't even thought of that. I was so caught up in the beautiful young sprite that I didn't even think of the possibilities of where she came from.

"Alright what do we do?"

•Mysterious POV•
"NO Stop doing that you idiot! Your not even swinging the sword right!!" Her voice echoed through the training area as the young scrawny man before her fumbled around with a sword.

"I'm sorry Miss! I haven't done this in a while" he feebly swung the sword at the toned up woman, she jumped backwards the tip of the sword missing her by inches. "Your a fool! I thought I trained you better than this" she rolled her eyes in frustration while the man tried to lift the sword over his head.

"Maybe if you die I can get a better assistant" she whispered as she stalked out of the training room. The fluorescent lights beamed down upon her as she pushed her way through the flickering corridors. She headed straight for the room down the back of the building. Two lefts and a right, third door on the left.

The whole reason they were doing this.

She stepped into the badly lit room just as the scream subsided. "Ma'am is everything going smoothly?"

"Everything is fine dear. Couple hundred more and our dear couple and we will be all..." the light shone brighter, blinding everyone for the few seconds of power.

"Set!"

A/N
I am shooketh

SO MANY MYSTERY STUFF

Why do I do this to you??!!

Because I can.

ANYWAYS.

THE WINNER.

OF THE COMPETITION.

IS.

*drumroll please*

@ghostslikemydoubts

WELL DONE!!! You won honey! You created a character that will be featured in this book.

A lot of you qualified and I'm sorry you didn't make the cut. I just really liked her character... forgive me?? (plus she was one of the first to enter... whoops)

WELP

Cookies and Cream,

-AA