Partner Gaming Tournament

~A week later~

I was simply scrolling through my social media until something caught my eyes, making me scroll back up. "A partner gaming tournament?" I mumbled to myself. "In a month..." I thought. "Maybe I could ask Seokjin to enter with me... but what if he's busy?" I asked myself. Without hesitation, I grabbed my phone and dialed Seokjin's number. After a few rings, he picked up the call. He sounded exhausted- probably because of practice. "Hey," I said as I read through the information provided in the link. "Princess?" Seokjin asked. "Okay... so there's this partner tournament coming up soon, I was wondering if you want to enter as a team?" I aksed back. He stayed quiet, "When is 'coming up soon?'" "It's a month from now," I answered. "Uh... okay, let me ask my manager. I'll tell you if I can make it," he informed. With that, Seokjin and I both said our goodbyes before I ended the call. I placed down my phone before seeing what games I should be practicing on if Seokjin can participate. As I was going down the list, I noticed something. "If one teammate dies, the partner is immediately disqualified from the match- meaning the two gamers have lost that round," it wasn't that I didn't believe in Seokjin- but knowing that my winning streak could be broken by one loss, scared me a little. Even though I wasn't afraid of losing that one time to save Seokjin, it just felt like the title was placed upon me for a reason, and I couldn't just drop it. I felt like my fans depended on me to have a winning streak, even if it's a partner match, but maybe not. Whatever the case, that was making my chest feel heavy. I quickly brushed it off though.

"There's a lot of games that are randomly choosen for the pair," I mumbled, that meant I needed to play more than ten games to win. I scanned through the games, checking off the ones I already have them. Then I realized, I was only missing one game. "Maybe I should buy it..." I stood up before quickly sitting back down, "No, no... Seokjin hasn't said anything about him going yet." I stared at the game name, "Even so... the game looks interesting, so it won't be such a waste." Soon I was pacing back in forth, contemplating whether I wanted to buy the game or not. "You know what? Screw it, I'm getting the game. If Seokjin can't go, then whatever," (Me when I'm contemplating whether or not to waste my money on BTS merch) I grabbed my car keys before rushing out of my apartment. I got into my car. Within a few minutes, I was standing in front of GameStop. "Welcome," I heard as I entered the shop, and I returned a smile. With the game in mind, I started to wander around, looking for it. After looking all around the store, I wasn't able to find anything so I decided to ask the person at the cash register. Without a doubt, the employee said that they ran out. That disappointed me. Then I was out the door, driving to another game shop.

~After a while~

I plopped against the table with my drink. Through all the gaming shops in Seoul, there wasn't a single one that had the game I needed. Although I was disappointed, I also knew it was a new game that came out, meaning people were definitely going to be interested in it. That's probably the only reason why the shops were out of stock. "How will I practice if Seokjin does want to participate?" I asked myself. "Maybe I could go to an internet cafe to play it," I knew that some internet cafes preordered new video games in order to satisfy their customers. That also meant I needed to look through every internet cafe, and find one that provided the game. I sighed, and grabbed my phone to look at the new game. "It's a team game... blah, blah, blah," I scanned through the game, and saw that it wasn't complicated. After a while, a notification appeared on my screen. I can take part in the competition," was a message from Seokjin. I quickly grabbed my drink and stood up, nearly knocking over the chair I was sitting on. "Okay, meet me at my apartment when you can," I replied before running out the cafe, and to my car. "Play all the video games, and practice," I mumbled to myself as I started the engine.

~Night time~

For the past hour I've been gaming, switching between video game after video game. But after a while, there was a knock at the door, pulling me out of my video game. I quickly stood up- I was about to plug in the next game. When the door was open, Seokjin quickly walked in. "Whoa, what have you been doing?" he asked. "I've been practicing for the tournament, you should practice as well," I answered. "You're really devoted in gaming, aren't you?" he asked, making me immediately nod. "It's a tournament after all. If we want to win, then we need to be devoted," I said. He laughed, "I guess you're right. But you're giving off a rather sad expression at the moment, what's wrong?" "Me? Oh, it's nothing really... well, there's this video game that the tournament required, and I didn't have the game; I wanted to buy it. But since it's new, people are interested in it and it was all out of stock," I answered. "You're talking about the new video game that recently came out?" je asked, and I nodded. "Why didn't you ask me? I preorder the game, thinking that we could play it together," he said. "Wait, you have it?" I asked, happy to know that Seokjin has it. He nodded. "Should I go get it? I mean, it's in the dorms," he said before turning to the door. I quickly stopped him, "Wait, we have a month to practice, and we can practice tomorrow... but as of right now, I think that we should practice with those video games." At the end of my sentence, I pointed at the pile of video games I prepared. Seokjin smiled. "Is this just an excuse for me to stay with you?" he asked. I looked up at him, shocked by his words. Soon I looked down, blushing lightly, "Maybe..." Seokjin squealed before wrapping his arms around me, "You're so cute, princess" "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's just go practice," I said, trying to escape his grasp. Seokjin smiled before happily dragging me the the video games.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako