The Rule

~A week later~

I was in my bedroom, and my friends surrounded me. "So your aunt found out?" June asked, her arms crossed. "Do you think she'll get her in trouble? I hope not! If she tells the entire family, it'll lead her to having little to no people that she can consider her blood related family," Taylor was genuinely concern about what will happen. "You think her aunt won't bring that type of stuff up? It's going against the family rule that they've been going with for generations. There's no way they'll let her slide that easily because she's simply the 'princess.' All of us are aware how she lost that title because she played video games. She can lose her family members like..." Juliee snapped her fingers, "That." The others seemed really afraid for my future, but I wasn't so sure how to feel. Sure, I'll lose my family but I have my friends. What was the importance of my family? Most of my family members don't even check on me that often anymore, because I'm an adult. Plus, it's not like my mom or sister care. They prefer me to be gone from their lives. The only person I see, that will actually care for me after all this chaos, is my dad. "Y/N, please tell me you have a plan for this. We're really concerned for you. You can't keep this up forever. Although we're your friends, and we'll always support you, family matters most," Yuu said. "I don't mind if my family leaves me. It's not like my mom and sister haven't decided to up, and leave. So what if I lose my entire family? I still have my dad for support," I shrugged it off like it was no problem. My friends didn't seem so happy by that though. "You really don't get the point of family, do you? It's important to have around even though they might not be there for you. You know how many people will die to be in your shoes? You're famous among your family tree, and your parents are still together. Sure, your mom kicked you out, but she raised you well. Don't you get it? If you lose your family, you'll lose the people who have watched you grow up, and seen you go through so many thing. I know... I know that your entire family doesn't show up as often. But when they do, aren't they thrilled to see you? Aren't you thrilled to see them?" Kim seemed triggered by my response. All I could do was simply shrug. "Then what am I supposed to do? Rebel and talk back to stand my ground?" I asked. "That's exactly what you need to do," Hailey spoke quietly. "What, that'll make them even more mad at me. Rules of being a proper lady: never talk back even though they might be in the wrong," I said. "You need to talk back. Then at least you'll know that you tried, and that you put in the effort," Juliee replied.

That's when my phone went off on me. I grabbed it, and saw it was a message from my dad. "Who's it from?" June asked, curious. "It's from my dad," I answered. "What's it's say? Maybe he's informing you about the problem. Read it out loud," Yuu sort of commanded. "Hey, kiddo. So earlier today, I heard your mom talking on the phone. Let me tell you, she didn't seem happy at all. I decided to be a little child, and eavesdropped. So I guess you know this, your aunt figured out you're a gamer. She found your YouTube channel as well. Also, it turns out she informed the rest of our family. Now, the top of the family want to talk with us, all of us. You can't bring anyone along... but bring yourself. This is an important discussion we need to have; it's scheduled tonight," I finished reading it. My friends looked at me, and gave an unsure face. They didn't seem to approve of the idea. "This is horrible. You're going to be told off... again!" Taylor said. "I'm sure you can take care of it, just be sure you don't let them ruin your relationship with them," Kim softly flicked my forehead. They were convincing me to put up a fight. I was on the opposite side, because I knew about the rule. But they continued to tell me to put up a fight; maybe it was convincing me.

~Night time~

It was time for the meeting. I was sort of nervous to see what would happen. Well, I kind of knew what would happen. They'll complain, ask my parents for an explanation, and push any need for me away. When I arrived, none of them looked happy to see me. They sat me down quite immediately. "I can't believe we have to do this type of conversation. You're the princess, aren't you? How come you're going against the rule? You're aware of the family rule. So what is your excuse with this?" your uncle asked. You stayed quiet. All you wanted to do, as of now, was listen in. "Were you aware of her behaviors?" my aunt asked my mom. "The truth is, I disowned her a long time ago," my mom answered. The entire family gasped, and looked over at me. Maybe I was just going crazy, but I'm pretty sure that didn't make it any better. "How long have you been going against the rule?" "How come we were never knew told this?" "What do you mean you already disowned her?" "How long have you been gone from this household?" "How come you always act like you were the princess, when your weren't?" "Don't you know how bad this is? Being the princess while lying, and playing video games?" My mom stopped them, and explained to them. "When she was ten years old, she started getting into video games. I kicked her out when she was eighteen, she's been gone for some time now. The only reason I didn't say anything is because I knew that everyone loved her. So, I didn't want to break that relationship," and more chaos. They kept telling me how wrong this was. "Do you have anything to say?" my grandma asked, "You need to say something someday." Even through what I was going through and with the pressure, I continued to keep a proper state. I wasn't the 'princess' for no reason. "I have a lot to say. What's wrong with trying to express what I like? I understand that the family rules doesn't like females doing boyish things. I should be a proper housewife, right? But it's only restricting me, I like videos, so what? I want to play videos games because it's my life. I like playing video games, and recording it. I'm a YouTuber, and I love my job. I don't care if I'm not going to be the 'princess' anymore, it's not like I didn't lose that title already. I'm a gamer, and that's what I love. I don't care if you don't approve, or if you want to disown me as well," I ended up standing up. They were starting to make assumptions.

I was sure that maybe they would all yell at me for talking back, for standing up for myself. But instead, a smile appeared on their faces. "I'm honestly glad you spoke up. You didn't do it when I was asking you. I was starting to worry that the rule was ruining your ability to speak up," my aunt gave a nice smile. "What-" my grandma interrupted you. "As a little girl, I found the rule to be ridiculous. I wanted to stop the foolish rule for so long. I found it unfair, because I wanted to express myself as well. But, my parents wanted me to be the perfect daughter. Now that I'm the head of the family, I think I should change things up. So here I am, this is where we draw the line. There's no more need for this rule, we should accept each other," my grandma explained. "Wait, so it doesn't matter?" I asked. "That's right, we love you for the way you are," my dad said. They went to embrace me. "You're a YouTuber, huh? I'm sure you're a good gamer," my uncle praised me. I was shocked, but happy at the same time. They started commenting about how they wanted me to be me. The rule was actually over with. While they were complimenting me, I glanced over to look at my mom. She had her head lowered, like she was thinking.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako