My Disobedience

After I learned that my great-uncle was coming to my apartment, I finished up editing the video and then turned off my computer. Then I started to get rid of anything that showed that I might be a gamer, or YouTuber. I started to put away my posters, YouTube play buttons, video games and etc. Good thing that I still had my moving boxes (it would be a waste if I threw them away, since I might need them for another day). That took some time, but I eventually finished. Then I headed to my room, and I started to fold my blanket because I got lazy this morning. When I finished, I started to go around and make sure everything was organized. It wasn't that I'm not organized, but I leave things unattended because I get busy with editing. When everything was sorted out, I waited for him. I sat on the couch while playing games on my phone. After a while, the doorbell went off. I quickly got off the game, and turned off my phone. I checked myself in the mirror, "Okay, I look decent enough." Then I headed to the front door. Once the door was open, my great-uncle had a wide smile on his face. "There's the princess," he smiled. I smiled back, "Princess... I haven't heard that from a family member in a long time." "I heard you're having an experiment, how's it going?" I let him into my apartment. I closed the door once he was inside. "It's going well, I learned a lot of things," I've already learned enough about living alone. "It seems that you're having fun," he patted my shoulder.

"I am, it's really interesting," I replied with a smile. He smiled back, "I'm glad to hear that. I'm just surprised that your parents allowed you to go, and do this experiment. It's a bit dangerous." "I'm an adult now, they can't always keep me in that house," I chuckled. "I guess you're right. I can't help but get worried about you," he said. "It makes sense but I'm still fine, right? I'm still here smiling," I assured. "It's good to know that you're okay. When I saw your room, it was completely emptied out and dusty. I was afraid something happened to you, I thought that maybe... maybe you disobeyed our family rule," he said. My smile slightly faded at what he said. "I did, I did disobey the rule. You shouldn't even be here right now... you shouldn't see such a disgraceful child, like me. I don't know why no one knows yet, you shouldn't be giving me this type of love," I thought to myself. "I've been a disgrace to mom... and I would be a disgrace to this entire family but I can't. Momo doesn't have the ability to rise up to the title 'princess' yet, she's not ready," I lowered my head. While I continued to be stuck in my thoughts, my great-uncle noticed my mood. "Are you okay?" he asked. I immediately looked up. "Yeah, I was just thinking," I smiled.

~Flashback~

"She's been such a good kid lately. I hope that your second daughter turns out the same," my grandma smiled. I sat there with my hands on my lap, smiling like an idiot at the compliments. "I've taught her a lot, mother. She's turning out to be the perfect daughter," my mom seemed so happy when she said those exact words. "That's expected, you've always been the kind of daughter who will always make me proud," my grandma said. My mom's smile widened at her compliment. "I won't fail you, mother. I'll make sure Momo turns out the same as well," my mom tapped her stomach, her pregnant stomach. "You're a good daughter. I'm glad you're devoted to this rule," my grandma smiled again.

~...~

"She's already so lady like, I'm impressed!" my uncle patted my head. "My daughter has been nothing but the best ever since she was born. I knew that she would be the best," my mom said. "I can't wait to see what kind of lady she'll grow up to be," my aunt smiled at me. "Of course she'll be the perfect figure in this family! Do you see how mature she is?" my great-uncle placed another dish into the sink. I instantaneously started walking to the sink. Then I started to wash them without hesitation. "See? She's been taught so well that she doesn't think about her actions," my uncle pointed out. "I can't wait to see how beautiful she'll grow up to be," my aunt awed. "Do you think she'll get a handsome boyfriend! Any male would what such a lady like her. It'll be a shame if she grows up to be single her whole life (I know this is irrelevant, but these are my goals)," my second aunt said. "I know she'll get a boyfriend, I know she will. After all, look how useful she is at this age. It'll be impossible for her not to get one," my mom assured, "And I'm sure he'll be handsome."

~...~

"What do you mean you don't have a boyfriend yet, dear? You've grown beautifully," my grandma gave me a confused face. "She's young, don't you think?" my dad asked. "Even so, have you gotten any confessions?" my grandma asked. I lowered my head, and shook my head. "Not yet, they're not mature yet," I said. My grandma gave a disappointed look. "My granddaughter is so cute. Please tell me that you'll get one soon," she said. I nodded with a faint smile. "Grandma! I got a boyfriend, and he's really handsome," Momo tugged at my grandma's shirt. "My, my, aren't you a bit too young to date?" my grandma asked. Momo frowned, "But you want Y/N to get one, why can't I have one?" Momo stomped her foot. "Oh my, are you growing up to be spoiled? You should be more like your older sister. Look at Y/N, she's a great example for you to follow. So follow in her steps, learn from her," my grandma said. My smile faded.

~Present~

"No... it isn't right that I've been given this title. It isn't right for my sister to be constantly compared to me," I clenched my fist. "I don't like this burden... I don't like this at all. Why doesn't anyone know? Let my disobedience be known, so then this weight can leave me," I thought to myself. My great-uncle put his hand on my shoulder. "Are you sure you're okay? You must really be lost in your thought," he gave me a concerned expression. I smiled, "Do you want a tour?" He smiled back and nodded, "Give me a tour."

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako