1

Summer 2009

   Today I am going away to Cheerleading Camp for the Summer. This fall I will be part of the freshmen class on the JV squad.

"I hope you have fun at cheerleading camp," my mom said.

"I will. I wish Brie, Nicole and Dad were here to see me leave for camp," I said, frowning.

"I know baby. We should take a picture of you before you go. For them," my brother JJ said.

I stood in front of the bus, pointing at the Cheerleading Camp in Utah with a smile.

JJ took the picture. "Awesome.." he said.

"Time to load the bus," the driver said.

"That's my cue to go," I said. My mom and brother hugged me.

"Have fun and make some friends," my mom said.

"I'll try," I said kissing my mom's cheek. I got my duffle bag and got in line for the bus.

"Name?" The driver asked.

"Jaelyn Colace-Garcia," I said my full name.

"You're on," she said.

I got on the bus, I sat in the far back. I got on my iPod to play some music.

I felt some tap on my shoulder. "Mind if I sit with you?" A girl with purplish hair color asked.

"No I don't mind," I said, moving my duffle bag on to my lap.

She sat down next to me. "Thank you," she said. I didn't hear her speaking to me.

I kept listening to my music. The bus beginning to leave to head to Utah.

12 hours later

  We got to the campsite, we all got off the bus. "Welcome to Cheerleading Camp." I went to find a cabin that has my name.

The cabin is for two people. I saw a bed near a window and I set my stuff there. I took out a picture of my family.

I heard the door open. "Hey Roomie," she said.

"Hey, I'm Jaelyn Garcia." I introduced myself.

"I'm Lauren Lopez," she said.

We shook hands. "Nice to meet you." We both said together.

"Where you from?" I asked her.

"Davenport, Iowa and you?" she asked.

"San Diego, California but I reside in Scottsdale, Arizon," I said.

"Grade in school?" she asked.

"I'll be starting my freshmen year of high school. You?" I asked.

"I graduated last year," she said.

"Sweet. Do you have any siblings?" I asked her.

"I have an older brother named Brandon and a twin brother named Colby. He's at Wrestling school," she said.

"I have two old twin sisters. They are currently working for the WWE as the Bella Twins. And an older brother named JJ. I'm the baby of the family," I said.

"I am too. Have you ever thought of be coming a WWE Superstar?" Lauren asked.

"No. After I finish high school, I'm planning to play pro soccer in Italy," I said.

"I'll be attending college this fall and I'll be cheering at my college," she said.

"Oh okay," I said.