8

May 2010; Two Days Old

*Jaelyn* 

I am still in the hospital with Bryson. Bridgette's in the nursery. "Jaelyn?" Bryson asked. 

"Yeah?" I answered. "Have you ever given to any thought of taking me back?" Bryson asked.

I kept quiet when Bryson asked me about taking him back. "I thought about it. For the past two days, you were by my side. You coached me on giving birth and cutting Bridgette's cord. Also, you stay when I was losing blood from the afterbirth. I decided to take you back," I told him. 

"Okay," he said smiling. "Okay but I have a few conditions. You don't cheat on me. You don't say our baby is the biggest regret. Also if you don't help me or make any excuses not to help me. It's over between us. We will continue to co-parent," I said.

"Okay," Bryson said. "I'm not kidding. I'm serious," I said.

"I know you are. You got that serious look you've had for years," Bryson said. 

Someone knocked on the door.  "Come in," I said.

"Hey, someone wants to see you," the nurse came in with Bridgette in a basket. 

She gave me Bridgette and I started breastfeeding her. "Dr. Samuels will be here to see to see if you're cleared to go home," the nurse said. 

We nodded. Bridgette started eating. "I can't believe we decided to breastfeed Bridgette," Bryson said.  

"I'm glad. Once she starts teething, I'll stop breastfeeding," I said. Bryson nodded then watched. 

About five minutes, Dr. Samuels came to the room and she cleared us to go home. I called my mom that we're coming home. 

Bryson got Bridgette changed into a cute onesie outfit that says: Daddy's little girl. I put a little pink beanie on her head. Once we got everything, we left the hospital.  

About a half an hour later, Bryson pulled up into my mom's driveway. Bridgette started to fuss a little. 

He got Bridgette, I opened the door. "Mom, we're here," I said. 

My family was here. "Everyone, welcome the newest little member to the family, Bridgette Jolene Garcia-Dale," Bryson said. 

I got Bridgette out of the car seat basket. "Hey, baby girl," I whispered. 

"Aww, she's so cute," Brie said. 

"Look at the peach fuzz on her head," Nicole said.

"She's got my mom's hair," Bryson said. 

"She's got my tiny lip," I said. 

An Hour Later

I held on the Bridgette as I sat down on the couch gently. Bridgette looked at me. "Hey sweetie," I said to her. 

Bridgette coos at me. My mom sat next to me. "My first grandchild," my mom said. "Mom, you want to hold her," I asked. 

"Of course," she said. I let my mom hold Bridgette. 

"She's so beautiful. She looks like you when you born," she said.

"She gets it from me," I said.

Bridgette yawns. "I'm gonna take to my room and go to bed," I said. 

My mom gave me Bridgette. "Okay, also once she starts crying you better wake up," she said. 

"I know. Also thanks for letting Bryson stay here," I said. I took her upstairs, putting her in the crib next to my bed.