On the line.

"Save him miss lelyan. Please, save him." He sobbed on my shoulder.

How could I? I am just a third year medical student. I'm not allowed into operating rooms. There's nothing I can do right now. But how can I tell this man? All I'm able to do right now is wait with you until the operation is over.

"I'm sorry." I whisper to him as I pat his back and let my tears flow for what seemed like an hour. By the time he lets go off me, my feet was numb.
I stood and rushed to get him some water.
He refused at first, but was bond to gulp it down at one go since his throat was probably hurt now.

I helped him up to the benches near the room.
"He didn't deserve it." He said. "They hit the wrong target and ran away." He said the rest choking on his own saliva.
"He's done nothing wrong, and yet he's in there with his life on the line." I heard him finish.
"Is He your brother?" I ask out of curiosity.
"Almost." He says. "He's my best friend. We are almost like brothers." He smiles probably remembering their times together.
I pat his back again as his smile turns into a sad tear rolling down his right cheek.
"Let's pray for him instead of cry? Uh?" I say to him as I start to feel like crying myself.
He probably noticed my voice as he immediately looked at me and nodded instantly.

I close my eyes and hold onto my key necklace and pray as much as I can for the young man who's undergoing a difficult operation, the person next to me who might live the rest of his life in sadness for losing someone so precious to him, and for all the people out there suffering the same problems.

"What's your name?" I finally ask.
"Jackson." He answers.
"Short and to the point." I smile to him.
"That's why my test marks were always deducted." He smiles back.
He finally smiled. He definitely looks beautiful when he smiles.

After a few hours of chat, I felt a weight on my shoulder. I look over my shoulder and seems like he's asleep.
"You must be tired after such a day." I say softly. "I hope you're dreaming well." I finally say.

The operation took 14 hours. Yes.14.
Jackson seemed like a light sleeper as he immediately woke up when he heard the operating room door click open.

He jumps out of his seat and I jump behind him. Without a single word he just looks over to the doctor like a lost puppy.
"He passed the danger. But will probably be asleep for the next few hours due to the effect of the anesthetic.

"Lelyan." My senior doctor called.
"Y-yes, Sir?" I stutter as I'm scared of him. I did not expect him to be the doctor in charge.
"You take care of him. Call me if anything happens" He says.
"Yes?" I say almost questioning. He looks over at me again with a look that almost says "can't you understand?"
"I mean yes sir. I will." I say instantly.
"Good." He says "don't worry. He'll hopefully get discharged in a week." He then smiles to the man next to me and that must've been the first time I saw him smiling.

I turn to Jackson just to see him smiling widely to me.
"Thankyou" He whispers to my ear as he pulls me into yet another hug, that catches me off guard.

"I owe you one."
He says softly as he pulls away and makes me look into his charming eyes.