Ocean of black.

Seems like I'm not going to sleep today either. I say as I almost crawl to the lockers to change my clothes for my weEkeND sHiFt. I sigh.

I decide to take a shower to get rid of my tiredness. After I'm done I look into the mirror and....
"MY SKIN!" I scream. "It seems like I haven't slept for a month when it has only been 3 days." I say as I take out my concealer and powder from the bag.
.
.
"Has he woken up yet?" I say as I meet Jackson outside the designated room.
"No." Is all that he said before entering leaving the door open behind him.
As I enter I check all his vitals and decide to move out.
"How long will it take him to wake up?"
"An hour or two." I reply
"Uhm." He answers.
With that I open the door to leave but....
"You look pretty." He said.
Astound, I turn to look at him.
"Huh? Is all that my mouth could utter.
He smiled, looking at my flustered face he knew I heard it. "I said, you look pretty."
"Oh.. ehe.. thankyou." I say as I rush out of the room to comprehend the situation.
"Woah." I say to myself as I get back to my senses.
"You really believed that lelyan?" I scoff at myself and walk away.
.
I was talking to myself on the way back to check other patients since I was already here.
"Lelyan." I hear my senior doctor call. Short and clear.
"How's he doing?" He asked
"Who doctor?" I reply
"The patient I just operated on."
"Oh his vitals are normal and he hasn't woken up yet."
"Check up on him every now and then and report to me."
"Yes doctor."
I give out a sigh of relief. But...
"Did you apply make up? You look alright." He said as he turned to walk away.

My eyes widened at his compliment.  "Woah. I might have been really ugly." I say loudly in disbelief.
.
.
After checking up the patients I move back to room number 406.
"Hello." I greeted as I entered the room.
I saw Jackson asleep on the chair next to the bed.
As I moved closer to the man on the bed. I noticed his eyes open slowly.
He stared at me. They were black. An ocean of black. Even in the darkness of the room, they were able to shine brightly.
He smiled.
"You look familiar." I say to him as I smile.
"I probably do." He Replied weakly but managed to return the smile back.
"How do you feel?"
"Tired. I haven't moved yet so I don't really know anything else."
"Oh right." I say as I realize he is right.
"Do you feel any pain when you talk or breath, sir?"
"Yeah. But just a little. When I take deep breaths."
"Oh that's normal." I say assuringly. "You'll hopefully be fine in a couple of weeks. You are a strong young man, sir." I smile. I was genuinely happy he woke up.
"Let's not forget handsome." He said almost over flowing with self confidence.
.
.
"Miss lelyan. You're here." I heard Jackson speak. He didn't seem to notice his friend at first but when he turned to face him, his eyes fluttered.
"Jinyoung!!" Jackson shouted surprised.
So his name is Jinyoung. I wonder where I've seen this Jinyoung guy. I'm sure I saw those eyes.
"I must've been missed." He smiled tiredly.
Jackson got out of his seat and immediately hugged his friend.

"I'll leave you two alone and come back later." I say as I smile at the duo's bromance.
.
.
.
"I brought pizza!!"
I instantly turn around to the source of the sound.
"Pizzaaaa!!" I yell as I run to the man standing infront of me.
But when I about to take it, he moves it away.
"Why didn't you pick up my calls?" Carl, my friend from another department said.

I met him in the university but I don't really remember how we became good friends.
" I had a busy day, man."
"Is that make up?" He asks as he wipes my cheek. "Wah, you look bad." He says mockingly.
"Finally someone said it." I say unsurprised.
.
.
We sat down outside the building hospital to eat the pizza. My first meal in 48 hours.. but my happiness can never be fully completed without...... *buzz*
"Oh? The hospital is calling." I say while looking at the small emergency device in my hand.
"I'll be right back." I say to Carl as I rush back to the hospital.

The nurse in the reception noticed me runnings in,
"Room number 406 is calling you. Immediately!"