Prolouge

"Just make it through the day Honey, through the day Honey." I mutter under my breathe as I walk down main street.

"You'll be just fine Honey, find a job, get a house, a car, and some friends Honey." I probably sound like an insane person, well I would if there was any one else on the street at this morning hour.

Glancing down at my watch, it's green numbers flash, 7.20 am. Sighing, I come to a stop in front of the tiny cafe door. "Bee's Nest" reads the big letters on the door.

"Oh how's that? Honey working for Bee, wonderful," I mumble the joke to myself and laugh silently before pushing open the door with a *ding* sounding from the bell above me.

"Hi Dear, what woulda like?" Comes a sweet southern voice.

Looking up I see a women in her early thirties, maybe with long blond hair with dark roots. Her eyes are a nice shade of blue that sparkle with happiness and her smile screams welcome home, everything about her screams motherly type.

"I, uh I was wondering if you're hiring?" I ask, silently praying she is.

Her smile falters a little before she shakes her head, "No Dear, I'm sorry," empathy in her voice.

I sadly nod and turn to walk out, "Thank you anyhow,"

"Before you go, I do know one place that's always looking for people," she says, pouring some coffee into a styrofoam cup.

Hope blossoms in my chest and I turn around with the second wave of hope coursing through my veins, "Where?"

She laughs a little at my eagerness, "Its out of city limits by a little, its the clubhouse. Always looking for people to help cook, clean, take care of babies that sorta thing." She explains leaning over onto the counter.

"Clubhouse?"

She nods and waves me over, "We have an MC in this town darling and from that beautiful british accent I know you aren't from round here," I blush at her words, "its just a bunch of men who like their bikes but God forbid they learn how to clean anything. You just go on and take your pretty little self down there and ask for Rage, he'll help you okay?"

"Alright, thank you.." I trail off looking at her.

"Oh! My name is Bee, well that's what I've been called since I met Hornet. If you have any problem with the men just ask for him and say you know me, he'll help you too." She says placing her hand on mine and giving it a squeeze.

Nodding, I smile and squeeze her hand, "Thank you so much Bee!"

"Of course, now run along," she waves me off turning to get things ready for the day.

After a very long walk, I come to stand in front of a metal gate. A very large metal gate, through it I can see a row of parked bikes all varying in size and color. I walk over to the small little shed next to one side and clear my throat a little causing the men to look up at me, his face splits into a smile as his eyes look me up and down, "How can I help ya?" His voice is rough and deep.

"Uh, I'm looking for Rage," I cheer myself for not stuttering or letting my voice waver.

His eyes widen and the sparkle of happiness that was there has gone dull, "Come on in. I'll take ya to him," he grunts hitting a button.

Nodding, I pat my pockets and feel my phone, chaptstick and money, all I need and I wipe my sweety hands down my leg and follow the boy.

He walks across the lot and pushes into walk looks to be a bar, instantly the smell of sex, smoke, and beer overtake my sense of smell making my cough a little.

He keeps walking, and doesn't even give a second glance to any of the bodies on the ground, glass, trash or anything else that's filthy in here.

He suddenly stops causing me to bump into his bed and almost fall to my butt, he knocks once on the door and turns to me, "He's angry when we wake him up, so good luck," and then walks away before I can say anything.

My mouth falls open, "okay," I mumble under my breath right before the door is ripped open with such force I'm almost certain it'll fly off the wall if its done again.

"The fuck you want?" Comes a very deep, very angry sounding voice.

Taking a step back I keep my eyes down, "Bee sent me here and told me to ask for you, I- I'm looking for a job," I say still looking at the stained carpet.

"Name?" He grunts.

"Honey,"

"Well bring ya ass Honey, let's go talk to Mr. H," says Rage walking from the room in just a pair of sweatpants.

We come to a stop at a door and once again I almost bump into his back, he shoots a glare at me when I almost step on someones hand which causes me to look back down at my white sandals.

"Come in," calls a deep voice.

"Go in, tell him ya name, who sent you and all that bullshit. I'm goin' back to sleep see you round, Honey," Rage tells me pushing past me.

I nod and walk into the room slowly. I see a man, maybe forty or fifty sitting at a desk, his hair is gray and his face has wrinkles of a well lived life, "sit down Honey,"

"How'd you know my name?"

"Names Honey?" He asks, looking me over.

I nod, "well at that somethin' whatcha doin' here Honey?" He grunts.

"Looking for a job, Bee sent me," I tell him sitting down in the leather chair opposite his desk.

"That women, always sending us shit to deal with," he mumbles under his breath.

"You cook and clean?" He asks looking me right in my eyes.

"My whole life, sir," I answer looking in his own brown eyes.

"Names Nate but everyone calls me Mr. H, age?"

"Twenty, I'll be twenty one next Monday."

"Okay, great, well welcome abored this shit show Honey," he says holding his arms wide and smiling showing off nice white teeth.

"I got it?"

"Sure did, so its simple you get here either late around eight or nine thirty or early around six or seven and help them cook, clean, take care of the babies or be, waitress. You can start tomorrow and since we are so out of town you can stay down at the Wolf house, its the white two story down the road that way," he points even though we are inside, "don't say anything. I know you just moved into town and don't have no where to go so don't argue. Take Raid, he's the guard at the gate to your hotel and get ya shit and bring your ass here okay?"

"I- okay, thank you," I say standing.

"Don't mention it Honey, you'll meet a lot of the girls if you come in tonight," he says looking down at some papers on his desk.

I take that as my sign to leave and so I do. The scene is very much the same as before in the bar area and down the hall. no one awake and half naked girls laying all about. Sighing, I carefully make my way out of the bar and down to the gate.

The biker named Raid, has a british accent and is shorter then some of the other bikers I seen coming into the gate before me and Raid took off in jail truck.

He doesn't talk much and his eyes are a light gray color, overall he seems nice. When we get to the hotel, I quickly pack up the small amount of clothes and things I have, a single bag full and then Raid takes me down to the house.

It looks lovely inside and out and has nice brown furniture and hardwood floors, but from the looks of it no one has lived her for a few months so I know what I'm doing tonight, cleaning.

The whole time I do, I sing and talk to myself and eventually get it done and get to sleep thinking about how my life is finally seeming to look up, that after all the horrible things I've gone through, maybe, just maybe I've found my place.