Chapter 9

I slowly step out his arms, the pain from earlier replacing the anger. It retakes my body and breaks my heart all over again.

I look him to Rage and see the knowing look cross his face, "Rage, I-"

He holds up a hand before looking into my eyes and holding my face in his hands, "don't worry Dew. I know you still need time to figure things out, I'll give you that don't worry. I love you though, and will always love you. I'll be ready to fix this whenever you are okay?" He says, taking me completely by surprise.

I nod and pull away from him again, I give him a hug and kiss his chest before turning in silence and leaving, knowing that if I said anything I'd never be able to leave.

The members standing around, are all quiet. Everyone stares at me as I walk from the room and make a b-line to the front door. I slowly open and turn around once to find Rage standing by the bar, his hands in his front pockets as he looks at me, the pain obvious in his eyes that must mirror mine. He nods and I nod back, a nod to let him know I will be back.

Walking into the cool night air, I get goosebumps and shiver a little but relish in the cold air. I can breathe, it was almost to hot in that room, to stuffy, no space to breathe without being near Rage.

He understands though, that I need help. That I need space to be okay, to heal before we try and fix this.

Nearly a year on from moving to this town and I have family and friends and a wonderful man willing to do anything for me, and now look at me.

A broken, crying mess.

He broke me. He hurt me. He fucked me over, and still I'm willing to be with him, to love him.

I see the guilt in his eyes, see the pain of hurting me.

Walking into the house, I lock the door and slowly walk up the stairs to my room. I change into shorts and a t-shirt and drop into the bed. I pull a pillow into me and cry my eyes out until I fall into a restless sleep.

~The next morning. Play the song now.~

The first thing I do is take a shower. I turn on some music to play throughout the house as I shower.

Once I get out I feel refreshed, I feel better, almost like I've washed away the hurt. I get dressed, shorts and a t-shirt with my hair up because I know I won't be going anywhere for a few days.

I walk down the stairs and straight to the kitchen and make myself some breakfast and sit down at the table to eat. Once that's done, I decide to deep clean the house, give me some time to think.

I walk over to the music and turn on Do I Wanna Know? by the Arctic Monkeys, and start downstairs.

I dust everything, pictures, paintings, furniture. I wipe down the leather couches and then I move around things and sweep and mop. I wash dishes in the kitchen and rearrange things in the cabinets, I clean out the fridge.

I sweep and mop the dining room and kitchen. I vacuum the guest rooms and dust them as well, I make sure the beds look nice and I clean the bathrooms downstairs.

I somehow manage to vacuum the stairs by myself, leaving my arms sore but I feel great.

I clean the upstairs just the same, dust, vacuum, wipe down everything, clean the bathrooms in all the rooms.

I wash my clothes and fold it all before hanging some of it up and rearrange my makeup desk.

Once I'm done, about five hours later I feel tired, sore but accomplished with myself.

I feel better, like I've gotten ride of the old and brought in something better, something new.

I shower once again and dress in a pair of light ripped jeans and a long sleeve black shirt with a pair of sandals. I braid my hair and fix my bangs before grabbing me phone and keys and walking out the front door.

I hear and see the bike start up behind me, but I pay it no mind, if course Rage would send someone to look after me.

I smile a little and keep on walking. Slowly, as I walk the sun begins to set leaving the sky painted in hues of orange and yellow, the air gets colder and the wind blows slightly, a beautiful night.

As I walk into town, I stop at a small shop to give whoever is watching over me the chance to park and get on foot.

I buy a tea and walk from the shop, giving the lady a smile and wave. I hear the distant stomp of biker boots behind me, again I smile a little.

I look around, the small town is alive tonight. Everyone is out, a small carnival just arrived so that's where the families are, young couples are out on first dates and older couples are enjoying walks.

Its a beautiful night, a love filled one.

"Hey, I know you!" A deep voice calls from behind.

Turning I see a man, someone I've seen at the bar a few times walking towards me, "I think so, Dom right?"

He nods and gives me a smile, "Honey?"

I nod and smile, "that's me. What are you doing out tonight?"

He falls into step next to me and looks down at me, "just enjoying the town, you? Why aren't down at the bar?" He asks, curiosity lacing his tone.

"Same as you I guess, and hey I get days off too," I tease and bump his side with my shoulder.

He nods and I stop for a second to toss the cardboard cup before turning back and seeing his hand reach toward my shoulders and push me backward into an empty alley.

My head hits the hard brick wall of the shop and I pull forward a little, just to see his hand come forward and punch me in the stomach, knocking the air out of me and knocking me down in the same swift, painful moment.

"W-why?" I croak and curl into a ball and try to protect myself as I see him go to kick me.

"Because, Rage beat me so now I beat you," he growled and kicked again.

"I'm not with Rage anymore," I cried out as he kicked again.

My stomach in knots of pain. My head pounding and my back throbbing.

"You think I care?" He growls as bends down and gets closer to my face.

I look into his eyes and see the anger he has, "why did Rage hurt you?"

"I don't fucking know bitch," he growled and sent one more punch to my cheek, "but now? I get to hurt you, and make you feel my pain."

He finally dropped my head and stood again, he spits down at me and sends one final kick to my stomach and side. I cough, blood coating my lips and causing my ribs to ache.

He turns and leaves, walking from the alley leaving me behind. His boots making the same noise as the ones that followed me.

I cry out a little, before rolling onto my back and pushing myself up to sit with my back towards the wall.

Dom was who was following me, and I thought it was some biker.

I pull my phone from my back pocket and dial Rage, he picks up after two rings, "yes Doll?" His deep voice asks.

I cry out and hold my side as I try to speak, "it hurts Rage," I whisper.

"What? What hurts Doll? Where are you?" He cries, the worry evident in his voice.

"It all hurts Rage," I whimper, "I love you Rage," I whisper as I fade into the nothingness.