Chapter 16

~ one week after the fire ~

"Stress is not good for the baby," Rage mumbled as we walked around the now empty plot if land where our home once stood.

I nod and rub my hand over my now larger bump, "I know Rage, I know that," I say.

"Then go home."

I roll my eyes, "I'm not feeling stressed Rage," I sigh and walk over to him, "I know everything is going to br okay, I know where me and Titus and you will be sleeping and staying. I know where my next meal will come from," I pat the side of his face, "if anyone is stressed, it's you."

He nods and grabd ny hand, giving it a squeeze before he kisses it, "I know baby, I just, I'm worried that's all."

I nod and stand on my tiptoes to kiss him softly, "I'll go home if that makes you feel better okay?"

He nods and cups my face in his rough hands, "thank you, I love you."

I kiss him again and step back, "I love you too."

I turn and wave as I step onto the sidewalk, Killer joins me, "I did the same thing to my first wife when she was pregnant."

I glance up at him and giggle, "all you men are the same huh?"

He chuckles and nods, "every single one of us, Beast would carry Belly around when she has been pregnant with the twins, he wasn't around for when she pregnant with Jonathan."

I laugh and nod, "Rage has already started to try and carry me everywhere."

"Just wait on it, once you get a little bigger, he will fight anyone who even so much as gets within three feet of you."

"You men and your testosterone," I murmur as he pulls open the gate to the compound.

He just laughs and drapes an arm across my shoulders, "you said your first wife, what is that about?" I murmur to him as we walk into the bar.

He steers us towards a booth, "yeah."

He sits down opposite me, "I married when I was eighteen, she was seventeen and we thought we were in love," he murmurs, "we were together for too long. About eight years, and those eight years were hell on earth."

I nod, "she was a nasty thing, always mean and rude could never take anything negative said about her. She was stressing all the time, could never just stop and enjoy life."

I give him what I hope to be a sympathetic look and put my hand on his own and give it a squeeze, "she actually cheated a few times, and it just devolved into pain and hatred for everyone and things around us, she got really aggressive and I've never been one to lay a finger on a girl, let alone the mother of my children, she actually stabbed me four times. And three days later I was filing for divorce."

"Jesus, I'm sorry to hear that Killer. Did she at least go to jail?" I ask the big man.

He rubs a hand down his face and sighs, "Yeah, the bitch did. I've got to take the kids up there this next week, she's over in Texas."

"How many kids have you got?" I ask, tilting my head slightly.

"Four," he says, "I've got Killian, Laolon, Landon, and Rolienda."

"Does everybody is this club house never have girls first?" I giggle, "none of these poor baby girls are going to ever get you do anything!"

He shrugs and laughs, "good, none of them need anyone but us, their daddies."

I just roll my eyes and look around, I see Rage's familiar head of messy hair stick inside and look around, his eyes finally settling on me, a grin taking over his face.