Chapter 5

Sitting in the chair in the waiting room of the very tiny 24 hour clinic was excruciating. All I could do was bite my nails and bounce my leg.

My legs were covered in blood as well as my arms and face and clothes. His blood. The blood of the man I love.

"He'll be okay. Calm down darlin'," Killer said as he sat down next to me.

I look over at him and nod, "I know," sighing I run my fingers through my hair, "I can't help but be worried."

He nods and pushed off the chair and walks back to the boys.

"Rage's family?" A nurse calls through the room.

Instantly I jump up and speed walk over to her, "is he okay?"

Her eyes widen a little at my clothes before turning to look at the rest of the group. Most of the men here have blood on their clothes or faces from helping with Rage.

She looks back to me before smiling, "yes. He's stable and awake, he's actually been asking for a Honey?"

Letting out a sign of relief I look back at the group and see nearly everyone do the same.

"That's her," Mr. H says pointing to me.

The nurse looks back at me, "you're Honey?"

"Yes," I squeak and nod.

She looks me over again and nods, "follow me."

I do as told and walk a little behind her down the hall as doctors and nurses pass us looking stressed or tired.

She comes to a stop and opens the door, "he's stable, stitched, and should be able to go home in the morning if he gets through the rest of the night without any complications, okay?" She says with a smile.

I smile and nod back,"okay and thank you."

She nods and steps aside letting me walk into the room. Rage sits upright in bed, with a few wires connected to him and his naked chest on display with his whole right side covered in white bandages, "hey Honeydew," he rasps out.

Taking a shaky breath I smile, "hi caveman," I whisper and walk over to him.

He laughs at me and pats the bed next to him, "come here." He growls.

I shake my head at him, "no. You're hurt and I think that's against rules."

"I don't give a fuck about rules. I want to hold my girl, now get up here," he growls and pats the space again. 

Blushing I nod and crawl onto the bed and lay down next to him and gently lay my head on his chest but still holding back nearly all of my own weight, "how are you?" I whisper and mindlessly trace one of his tattoos.

He grunts, "fine."

"Rage you were stabbed," I point out to his 'fine' statement, "can you tell me what happened?" I asked already knowing whatever it is, will more then likely make me feel sick.

He shifts under me and pulls me tighter to his chest, "I was dealing with club business. Something simple and it went to shit," he explains.

I nod, "why'd you show up at the house," I pause and look down at the hand tracing his tattoos, "after this morning?"

He shrugs, "no clue to be honest with you. I probably wouldn't have made it to the clubhouse but I'm glad I stopped, I even got to hear you yell before I went down," he says, I can hear his smile.

I pat his chest gently before sitting up, his arm shifting to my waist and rubbing the exposed skin, "how'd you know I wouldn't have let you bleed out?"