Chapter 55: Two hearts beat as one

All I want to say is...

I am so sorry everyone! I promised to publish 3 chapters but only published 1.

My brothers played with my phone and they "unintentionally" made my phone to factory reset. It was all gone. I tried so hard to retrieve what I wrote but my unlucky self couldn't.

Hope you understand.

---------------------------------------

Jimin's POV

"Ugh... I am starving..." I rose from my bed and checked the time. It's just 7:30 in the evening? I slowly made my way to the kitchen to grab some food.

In the middle of my rummaging inside the fridge, I heard light footsteps in the living room. I peeped through the kitchen counter and saw Rosé wearing her jacket and mask. Is she going somewhere? I was about to get her attention when her phone rang.

"Mark-oppa?" Mark-hyung is calling her?

"Uhm... I'm leaving the house already." Why is Mark-hyung calling her? Are they going to meet up?

"I'll be there in 15 minutes. Okay. Bye oppa."

She then quickly went out of the house. Forgetting my hunger, I secretly followed her towards the garage. Just as she went out, I quickly rode on my motorbike and tailed on her.

Many questions are running through my mind. Is she also betraying Lisa? Why would she meet up with Mark hyung? The biggest and the most painful question in my mind is: Are they dating? Am I too late?

Some may say I'm a fool to still follow her knowing that she's going to see another guy. I know, whatever I will witness will bring me sadness and pain but still I have this urge to follow her. I want to know. It may hurt... but still I want to know what lies ahead of me and to know where should I put myself.

From afar, I see her park beside a playground. I secretly parked my motorbike away from the playground and sneak my way towards where she is standing. I hid behind the playhouse with just enough distance to hear their conversation. After a few minutes, I can see a tall figure wearing a hoodie approach her. It's him. It's Mark-hyung.

Rosé's POV

I can see Mark-oppa approaching me with a weak smile plastered on his face. Dark circles inhabit his eyes, cracked lips and greasy hair is present in his visage. What has he been doing? I've never seen him in a state like this? What is really going on here?

"Mark-oppa..." I said faintly with worry noticeable in my voice.

"I look like a mess, I know." Just as he smiles, I can see the crack on his lips opening.

"Are you okay, oppa? Why do you look like that? What is really going on?" I bombarded him with questions.

"Whoa... easy with questions Chae-chae. I am okay, just a lacking sleep." Lacking sleep? Is this the condition of person only lacking sleep?

"I know you don't believe me..." he said as if he is reading my mind.

"Then, why would you lie? I am so worried about you... we are worried. What is really happening?"

Instead of answering me, he took a step closer and caressed my cheek.

"I am okay, Chae-chae. We are all okay. Don't worry to much, okay?" He said sweetly while looking at something behind my back. That's odd. Mark-oppa is not like this. I'll just scratch that. This is no time to worry about silly gestures of him.