2

I held her hand as we walked into daycare- and I felt my stomach drop at the sight of multiple doctors in the waiting area.

I stood behind them, watching the time- praying I wouldn't be late for school.

Allie's arms wrapped around my leg, hugging my leg into herself as I ran my hands over her braids gently- looking at my beautiful little sister.

"Christina- you can go ahead and sign her in." The normal check in girl smiled- making all the doctors turn to me, making me smile back before carefully walking with Allie- signing the normal check in list.

"It'll be a few minutes, but I'll send Cara out to get her-" "how long?" I asked, beginning to notice- I was going to be late.

"Ten minutes if not more"

I nodded- confirming to myself that I would be late.

I walked with Allie to the wall closest to the door- immediately seeing her making grabby hands at me.

I picked her up, balancing her on my hip- feeling her head hit my shoulder.

"I don't want you to go" she spoke- quite loudly- making one guy turn around, a small smile.

"That was adorable" he laughed out, turning his full attention towards Allie.

"Hi cutie pie- what's your name?" He asked her.

"Allie" she spoke quietly, making him smile.

"Dr. Ashton Irwin" he nodded to me with a wide smile, us not exchanging a small handshake.

"Christina" I smiled back.

"You're the mom-" "big sister" I very quickly laughed.

"You do look too young for a four year old" he chimed in with a laugh.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are there so many doctors here?" I asked.

"Our annual just check up- we always go around the area giving small check ups to people" he spoke, making my heart drop slightly.

"Oh- cool" I laughed out.

He nodded, "we're going to St.Frances high school after this and I'm excited, I like teenagers a lot more than kids-" "that's my school" I spoke- feeling the immediate nerves taking over my stomach.

"Oh great!" His face lit up.

"I'll certainly try my best to pull you as my own patient."

Cara- our normal girl cut him off as she walked out, extending her arms to Allie.

Allie reluctantly went, whining lightly.

"I love you" I spoke, seeing her frown bigger than ever.

"I love you more" she spoke, Cara taking her away before I could argue.

"I guess I'll see you soon" I laughed, exhaling to him.

"Hopefully."

Hopefully not

I literally had to sprint into the building- but I made it to school on time.

I fell into my chair- exhaling deeply.

The first half of the day was slow- basic notes and pop quizzes, nothing that made the day good.

And I heard the intercoms come on- and I knew it was about to get worse.

"All Juniors and Seniors head to the nurses hallway immediately"

I found a group of people I knew- sitting with them, playing with my phone case out of nerves.

People were steadily getting called to the back- none looking excited in the least.

Fuck this.

I stood- going to the door, opening it and being greeted with a straight chest.

"I'm so sorry-" the doctor and I spoke in unison- laughing it off lightly.

"Sorry" I apologized again- trying to step around him, but he grabbed my arm gently- making me almost flinch due to the suddenness of it.

"Have you gotten your check up?" He asked- concern written on his face.

"Yes" I lied with a smile.

"Great, would you mind helping me find Christina Gomez" he smiled nicely- and I felt my heart palpating

Just my fucking luck, right?

I let my head fall backwards, seeing him almost laughing

"I'm Christina-" "I know- I saw you this morning with your little sister, trying to ditch the check up?" He shot at me, raising his eyebrows before motioning for me to follow him.

"Not ditch- just, skip" I spoke quietly- hearing him let out a loud laugh, eyes meeting my own.

"No difference, sweetheart."

We went into a room with the same doctor I spoke to this morning- who was searching through a cabinet.

"On the bed for me Christina" he spoke, making me slowly walk to it, planting myself onto it- my knee automatically shaking

"Your sister was a sweetheart this morning, a little whiny because she wanted you- but she's absolutely adorable" Ashton turned towards me

Before I could respond- the blonde doctor chimed in

"And unlike her big sister- she didn't try to miss the check up"