20

Later in the day- Christina and Allie were wide awake- and her x-rays had finally been through processing- so we could examine them.

Michael looked purely pissed as he came through the door- alarming me

"What's wrong?" I asked, but my question was answered when his five interns followed into the room like little ducklings.

"Chief told me I have to actually start teaching them- she literally put these five idiots onto Christina's chart." He rolled his eyes- anger making his accent come out more and more.

"Idiots is a mean word" Allie spoke loud and clear- making Christina and I laugh immediately.

"Yes it is" Michael breathed out- letting the anger slip away to where he could talk to her nicely.

"I'm sorry- Mikey didn't mean to call them idiots, they're very educated and young people" he dismissed it, turning the x-ray light on before throwing the x-rays up there.

I immediately saw exactly what Michael predicted.

His head rolled to look at mine- and I looked to Christina.

She was about to get some painful ass shots for the next few weeks.

"Can anyone tell me what's wrong with Christina?" Michael asked the group of students.

I sat on the bed with Christina and Allie, feeling Christina slowly start playing with the edge of my shirt.

"Her hip is messed up" one spoke the obvious- making Michael clearly more frustrated

"Thank you- captain obvious" he spoke- annoyance dripping from his voice.

"Anyone with an educated answer?"

No one spoke.

Michael pointed to the joint of her hip- motioning down the bone- even into her pelvic region.

"The bone is cracked, not broken- but cracked." He stressed the words to them.

"Anyone know a treatment?"

"Hip replacement" michael literally hit his head against the wall.

"Dude" he spoke

"Her hip is not broken and she's not fucking old- she's sixteen." He spat out.

"The treatment is a shot into the joint of her hip- she will receive one a week due to the lack of strength in her hip, this will slowly strengthen the bone to where she can gain full mobility once again" he explained, looking to. Christina.

"And I'm going to be brutally  honest with you."  He spoke towards Christina

"These shots- hurt like complete hell."