40

two weeks later

I rubbed Christina as she stared at her homework- it stressing her out more than anything I've ever seen.

And the worst part was- we couldn't help her

None of us knew anything about whatever she was working on.

We didn't even understand the concept that she explained to us.

I kissed her head as Allie ran into the room, laughing as Michael chased her.

"Crystal and Sierra will be here in a few minutes" I instantly closed my eyes- knowing I had yet to tell her that she was about to meet Luke and Michael's girlfriends.

"Crystal and Sierra?" She questioned slowly, looking to me.

I shot a glance towards Michael- seeing him make an immediate "oh shit" face.

"So, I'm telling you last minute, and I'm expecting you to be mad" I spoke slowly.

"Crystal and Sierra are Michael and Luke's new girlfriends, they're coming to a movie night that the boys are having" I spoke.

She didn't look mad- which was an instant relief.

"They're nice?" She questioned me slowly.

"I believe so" I mumbled back, kissing her head gently.

"If not, me, you and Allie might just take a trip to town for something we don't actually need"

Several minutes later- Crystal and Sierra showed up, causing Christina to have to give up on homework- following me closely into the living room.

Allie ran up- wrapping her arms around Christina's leg.

"Guys this is Crystal- Crystal meet my second family" Michael laughed out.

"Same to you- Sierra, meet family number two" Luke laughed awkwardly- always great at making awkward situations.

We all shook hands- exchanging names and such.

"And who- are you- a patient?" Crystal asked- genuinely concerned as she held Christina's hand.

"She's uh- a friend"

Christina.

A friend?

What the fuck was that supposed to mean.

"A friend?" Sierra shot to him, looking to Luke.

"Yeah like-" Luke tried to help- everyone exchanging confused looks.

"We're just from a-" "They're from a exchange student program" Michael summed up- and I was more confused than I had ever been in my entire life, but no one else acted confused- so I played along. 

"Oh how fun" Crystal spoke after a moment of hesitation, making Luke quickly clap

"Let's start this movie"

I held Allie as they all moved to the couch- Calum and Ash moving to the kitchen to make popcorn and I stood there- shocked.

Were they ashamed to tell them that we're in each of their custody?

I wasn't exactly happy with the situation- I felt almost like an outcast.

And just to make it better- they were watching a rated R movie- and that's just not something I wanted Allie to be exposed to, so I brought her upstairs.

As I heard the movie start and such, I let Allie bathe- checking on her every few minutes

I soon got a text from Cal

Not coming down? Free popcorn??

I exhaled lightly

Don't think I'm going to make it tonight, Allie is in a mood

I wasn't technically lying- the whole time I showered I could hear her whining.

I got out, drying off and braiding my hair.

"Sissy" she whined as she ran to me, making me turn to her.

"Come lay down-" "we have to brush your hair and teeth first" I spoke- making her let out an even louder whine.

And as soon as I set her on the counter to brush her hair- we had our toddler meltdown.

She hadn't had one of these in a while.

She sobbed loudly as I brushed her hair out gently- wanting nothing but to get out of my grip.

I got her to brush her teeth- which she barely accomplished due to her crying.

I soon did the same- carrying her to the bed, where she cried into my shoulder as I turned the light off.

"Okay, shush Allie- we're in bed"

It took me fifteen minutes to get her fully calmed down, which felt like nothing but an accomplishment to me.

I held her hiccuping body into me, kissing her head and telling her I loved her.

She might not always love me

But I sure as hell will always love her