26

"What word would you use to describe your family?" She asked- moving closer- hoping she would get something out of me.

I looked her dead in the eye and said one word

"Abusive"

That made her immediately clear her throat.

"That's all your honor." She spoke- returning to her seat.

No questions was asked- so I was able to return to my seat also- where the judge then spoke.

"We will take a recess as the jury makes the decision- you are dismissed."

I got away from my parents as quickly as possible- moving to Calum, who also rushed us into the opposite direction- still holding my sleeping little sister.

We saw our parents following close behind us- also determined to get to us, which caused Calum to literally shove every one of us into a family bathroom- locking the door behind him.

Calum.

Before it was even fully dismissed- I watched Christina's mom stand, ready to head towards Christina.

When he said "you are dismissed", thankfully Christina walked quickly to us, where Ashton and I ushered them out the room quickly.

Ashton looked behind us as we continually walked further away from the doors- seeing her dad literally shoving past people.

There was three things we didn't want

1.) we purely didn't want either of them near neither Christina or Allie

2.) we didn't want Christina to be upset from having to talk to them

3.) we didn't want them to be able to manipulate Christina into changing the words in her head, because that could ruin the entire trial

So Ashton and I made an executive decision- and we shoved everyone into a small ass bathroom- locking the door immediately behind us.

"I believe that there was certainly better places to run to" Luke mumbled lightly.

"They were following us" Christina informed him, making his eyebrows raise

"Why?" He questioned- making every one of us shrug lightly

"Who honestly cares?"