43

"Are you sure Calum, like this isn't something you can get out of if you regret it without being charged-" "Christina, we need to talk." Calum spoke after three times of us speaking about this same topic.

I sat in front of him, seeing him rub his face.

"Someone is trying to foster and adopt Allie from under us, your social security worker contacted me." He spoke

I felt my heart break

"They can't get her until after our months are up or if I choose to adopt." He continued.

"I need you to let me adopt her, Christina- both of you, or she's certainly going to be taken away"

"Adopt her first- worry about me later." I demanded.

"Christina, I have money- too much of it-" "Calum, there's a possibility this other family will take us to court"

His head nodded, knowing I was right.

I was shaking as I spoke

"Use the money you have now to just get the best fucking lawyer- I can't lose- we- we can't lose her Cal" I spoke.

"Don't get upset baby, the possibility of all this is so low." He spoke, rubbing my shoulder gently,

"But that's just my fucking luck" I felt the tears coming.

"Everything is falling into place and going perfect- and then some random ass people swoop in and try to kidnap my baby sister-" "it's not kidnapping, baby- you'd still be able to see her."

"able to see her, yes. But I can't protect her if she's not with me twenty four seven." I exhaled my point towards him.

"Someone could hurt her, and I swear- I'll die before I let anyone ever touch her again."

"You have four guys who would die before we even let you try" he spoke back to me, holding my face.

"Trust me when I say that everything is going to be okay."

I nodded, leaning into his hug, feeling him squeeze me tight into him.

"I'm not letting anyone break our family apart, I promise you."