18

"Can I please touch her?" Her mom cried.

"Nope" luke and I spoke in unison.

"If I have any say in anything that happens here- you will never touch your daughter again."

The police took the two sobbing adults out of the room- thankfully never waking Christina. Soon enough- Ashton and Michael joined us- also commenting on how fucked she looked.

"No broken bones?" Michael asked.

"Just four broken ribs" I exhaled, making him nod lightly.  

I woke up to little whispers.

I slowly opened my eyes- seeing Christina whispering to a wide away Allie.

Allie's facial expression was something I've never seen.

"Everything okay?" I asked quietly, moving closer to them.

"Bad dreams" Christina mumbled back to me, rubbing some hair out of Christina's face.

"It's just dreams cutie" I assured Allie, sending her a small smile.

"No ones going to touch you as long as I'm here, okay?" I spoke towards her, seeing her eyes blink a few times before she gave a small nod, leaning into Christina in a fast pace motion.

I smiled to Christina- who wrapped one of her arms around Allie.

"You feel okay?" I asked her once Allie closed her eyes- letting herself fall back into sleep.

She nodded slowly.

"I don't feel great- but I'm not in pain" she spoke simply, letting a small smile appear towards me.

"Any specifics on not feeling great?" I asked her.

She shrugged lightly.

"My hip kinda hurts" she spoke out, her hand touching the left side of her hip.

"Can I look?" I of course asked, not wanting to do anything she was uncomfortable with.

She gave me a small nod, helping me pull back the blanket , immediately seeing her open stomach- due to us never giving her a shirt, she was still in just a bralette.

I rolled down her shorts carefully- which made her jump slightly- her hand hitting my own.

"You're okay- you're okay" I nodded, assuring her quietly.

"I'm just looking" I nodded towards her, letting her keep a tight hold on my wrist.

I saw a bruise covering almost the entire area.

I touched around a few areas- slowly moving more towards the center of the bruise.

I found several spots that were tender to the touch for her, all surrounding the edge of her hip bone- which was more than concerning for me.

"You're very swollen, so I'm going to put some cooling rags on you" I spoke, intertwining our hands for a second

"But we're going to have to do some x-rays with Michael when everyone wakes up" I finished, seeing her nod lightly.

I got up, running to the storage closet before coming back and placing them on various spots of the one side of her hip, before covering her back up.

"I'll be right back" I spoke for the second time.

I ran to my office- grabbing one of my extra shirts before running back to her room.

I helped her get the shirt around the cords and extra chest pads, before it was completely on.

"Thank you" she spoke quietly- blinking towards me.

"No problem, cutie"

I sat back into my chair- exhaling to myself.

I watched as she fought sleep for a few minutes until she completely drifted to sleep.

I'm not going to lie

The hip situation was a little more alarming than I wanted it to be.