13

Later in the night- Allie decided that she wanted to sleep with Luke tonight- which gave him the biggest ego

For the rest of the night, until they went to bed- all we heard was "I'm her favorite"

I tucked Christina in, sitting in her bed with her for a minute- tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You've been quiet today" I pointed out, seeing her nod.

"A lot to think about" she repeated what I had said earlier- her bright green eyes meeting my own.

She patted the bed beside her- making me immediately lay with her.

Christina cuddled her body into mine, allowing me to slowly play with the ends of her hair.

"Allie is getting attached to you guys" I heard her voice crack- which pulled my full attention to her

"That not a bad thing-" "Calum we're leaving tomorrow" she reminded me, her eyes almost glossing over.

"We'll still see you guys" I spoke- knowing that it was the truth

I'd find a way to see them.

"I wish that I could just let her stay with you guys" she mumble

"She'd be so much happier here" she breathed out

"There's a way to keep you both here" I spoke, pulling the blanket more onto her shoulders

"No" she breathed out

"At least not yet"

I kissed her head- dismissing the topic as I breathed out.

"Stay with me tonight?" She asked quietly.

"Sure" I immediately responded, pulling her body even closer to mine.

"Get some sleep, cutie"

I woke up to Luke hitting me

"We gotta go to work" he exhaled tiredly before leaving completely

I scrolled through my Twitter for a moment before getting up and starting to get ready- which woke Christina.

"We gotta go soon" I informed her- kissing her forehead before walking out of the room and to my own- into my bathroom.

I showered- getting dressed before walking out and seeing all the lights upstairs off- signaling everyone was downstairs.

I ran down- seeing Christina holding a still sleeping but dressed Allie on her hip, swaying her gently as she stared into space.

Luke soon clapped- bringing her out of the trance- and we all pace walked out the door, running late- like normal.

We got to the hospital and I brought the girls to my office before running and doing my rounds- checking on my patients who were mainly sick with purely the flu.

Flu season was approaching much faster than any of us expected.

When I returned to my office- I saw George along with Macy- Christina's mom.

"Morning" I smiled as nicely as I could.

"Good morning" George grinned, shaking my hand respectively.

Macy took Allie from Christina, holding her child into her chest.

"Thank you so much for keeping them- it's been such a relief" Macy exhaled towards me

"Oh anytime- they were both little blessings" I smiled.

"Christina still needs to take it a little easy- but she should be good to go within a week" I lied- knowing she was good enough to do whatever now, but I knew that it might help her in the long run.

She came to me, walking into my embrace, where I hugged her tightly.

"Text me, okay?" I whispered, feeling her nod gently.

"Tell the guys I said thank you, and thank you to yourself" she smiled as she pulled away- the smile wasn't a happy smile.

"You're welcome back anytime" I nodded, seeing her smile increase slightly.

"Do I owe you anything?" George asked- his eyes focused to Christina as she took Allie from her mom.

"Absolutely not" I waved it off

"Just- thank you for trusting us with your girls." I spoke.

"Thank you for taking care of our girls when we can't"