34

two days later

Allie was wide awake- feeling amazing, and we were actually working on her discharge papers as she laid in bed, continually talking to Christina.

But Christina was quite the opposite

She was still very nauseated- and she didn't willingly admit it, but we knew she felt like shit.

Due to this, we were waiting one more day to discharge her, which she certainly was not happy about.

I laid on her side, Allie sitting on majority of the bed, talking to her big sister about a dream she had as her big sister laid there, listening and looking at Allie as if she were the only human being left on the earth.

"You ready to go home for a little bit, cutie pie?" Luke questioned towards Allie as I signed her papers- releasing her.

"Sissy isn't coming?" She immediately asked, tilting her head.

"No, sissy needs a little bit more medicine before we can release her" I spoke, starting a bag of fluids into Christina's iv, knowing she had to have been dehydrated.

Allie looked to Christina, who put on a fake smile.

"Go with Luke, I'll be home soon." She spoke- her energy clearly not there as she spoke.

"Okay" allie spoke hesitantly, kissing Christina's head before carefully climbing out of the bed.

Allie took Luke'a hand, hesitantly walking out with him, making Ashton and I exchange a small smile.

"How come she feels so much better than I do?" Christina asked me.

"It's much easier for kids to recover from surgery- it just took more of a toll on your body" I spoke, sitting beside her knees.

"I do not feel good" she admitted, her eyes blinking to look towards me.

"We can't keep you on this high pain medicine much longer- your last dose will be wearing off in about an hour and then we're going to have to move you to a smaller dose" I informed her.

"So I'm going to feel worse?" She asked me, her face dropping even more.

"You shouldn't be in pain, but you won't be sleeping as much, so you'll be more awake for the rough parts" I spoke quietly.

Her eyes closed, making me put my hand into her hair, stroking her hair gently.

Within minutes she fell back asleep, making me look to Ashton who held a straight face

"Tomorrow is going to be hell" he spoke- being truthful.

She's going to be moving much more, she's going to be on less pain medicine, and she's going to have to do a lot of things without the nurses, like letting us check her stitches- which for some reason, she hasn't wanted us to do that.

the next day.

We left her with a nurse- who helped her change.

Allie and Luke were still home, Luke texting us about how grouchy and whiny Allie was- which we were not excited to experience.

Soon the nurse opened the door

"The pain is much more noticeable today" she whispered- letting us walk past her and to our favorite girl.

She was seating on the edge of the bed, looking straight down, gripping the sheets on the bed.

"You okay, cutie?" I asked, making her head pop up immediately.

She gave me an immediate nod, faking a small smile.

I helped her stand, leading her out the door, keeping a hand tight on her at all points.

"Does it hurt to walk?" I asked her.

"It's just- sore" she spoke quietly, grabbing my hand, which rested on her hip gently.

I got into the backseat with her- letting Michael and Ash drive us home.

Her head rested on my shoulder, her arm intertwined with my own.

"So I know this probably isn't an ideal situation to discuss" Ashton brought up

"But- you're going to have to go back to school in a few weeks" he broke the news to her.

She didn't act too affect, she just wrinkled her nose lightly.

"The same one-" "we already tried to move you to a private school that's closer to the hospital- but no one will let you in, in the middle of the school year, especially since you're pretty behind" ash continued, making her nod lightly.

"That's understandable"

"So you're not upset or anything, you're okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay, I'm not upset"

Christina.

Of course I was upset

Everyone at that messy ass school would soon realize that my parents abused me

That not exactly something I want people to know.

I want to be a stranger- I want a new start, I want a new beginning.

But all I'm getting is pain pills that don't do shit.