Chapter 1

Alice P.O.V

My alarm was so loud that I almost wanted to destroy this stupid thing. I groan and make my alarm stop. 'welp another day begins' i thought myself before I get up and prepare for my day. I left the dorm and went on my way to the cafeteria for some food. I live in a Military base since I am a scientist there I was offered a place to the base so I can be close to the lab which makes me easy to just walk there than use a car. Anyways on my way to the cafeteria, I saw one of my colleagues, Kitty rushing toward me.

"Aaaaaaalice!" She said before she tries to tackle me for a Hug. I move just in time and she faces the ground.

"Good morning to you too Kitty" I nonchalantly said.

She looks at me and pout. "Why did you move away?!"

"Because I don't want to break my ribs with your killing hug first thing in the morning," I said crossing my arms.

"Haha very funny Alice," she said rolling her eyes and get up.

Kitty Grant. She is a doctor that takes care of the solider of the base. She has short black hair and warm green eyes. She is older than me by 3 years but her behaviour can be childish. I like to hang out with her. She is one of the rare people in my surroundings that can make me crack a smile. She is cheerful and a great doctor. She is easy to talk to.

We both arrive in the cafeteria and grab a trail of food for breakfast. We sit down on your usual spot. The cafeteria was really big but because it's early (6:30 AM) most of the solider was still doing their morning exercises, it only has 20 peoples there. I start eating my food when Kitty starts talking.

"Soooo it is today you are going to test this machine of yours?" She asks

I simply nod continuing eating.

"Why are you so indifferent about it?! If the test goes well you will make progress of the medical field and become the greatest scientist ever!!!!" She said waving her arms.

I sigh. "It's can go wrong you know" looking down at my food.

"Nonsense! I am sure everything will go well!" She said trying to cheer me up.

"Kitty... Thanks for the encouraging words" I said with a small smile.

To be honest, I am not worried about the test... It's the other of her colleagues that I worry. They have this envious and jealous stare when they saw me. It makes me shiver and uncomfortable. Kitty is the only one that doesn't show any of that when she see me or talk to me. I appreciate that. I sigh again when I heard the door open. I look who came on and I groan when I saw who it was. Maximilien De La Rosa or Dr. Rosa. I hate him. He is also a scientist like me but he works in a different department thank goodness. His ideology is really different from mine. He thinks that it's better to get powerful power and spread fear on the enemies to get what he wants. As for me, I am more of a pacifist. I believe that violence resolves nothing and I want to save as many people life than destroy them.

He looks around for a moment and saw me and Kitty. He smirks and walks toward us.

"Hello, ladies. Mind if I sit there?" Before we could respond he sit right next to me. I continue eating a little bit more faster so I can get away from him. He turns toward me and smirks.

"In a hurry Dr. Wolf?" He said.

I ignore him and keep eating the past remind of food on my plate.

He was getting annoying in my silence and grab my wrist. I glare at him.

"Don't touch me," I said.

"Now you finally talk to me," he said like he wins this round.

"There is nothing to said and I was having a good morning but now you ruin it with your presence," I said

"You don't have to so hostile toward me, my dear," he said he finally let go of my wrist and I quickly get up and Kitty follows my lead.

"I heard today the day you are going to test this machine of yours to save lives? More like a way to torture that poor soul of their inevitable death." He said

I stop my track and turn toward him.

"This machine allows keeping their soul to crack so the doctor can save them!" I said angrily at him. I hate it when he tries to modify the true propose of my work and make it look like a weapon to destroy life.

He just smirks "whatever you said princess but you know I am not the only one that thinks like that." He said

That hurt me when he told me that. It's true that I am not appreciated by my fellow colleagues because I am young and where I come from. But I want to prove them they are wrong and my hard work should pay off. Kitty put a hand on my shoulder and it's snap out of my thought. I look at her and she looks pissed at Dr. Rosa.

"You know it's ugly to be envious over someone Dr. Rosa. You know better than anyone else how it feels to be outcast by the other" she said with a Stern look.

"True but as for me I don't mind to be alone and I don't care about the other opinion," He said looking at me.

"Why you!.." Kitty starts to growl and wanted to go toward him but I stop her.

"Let's go," I said before I drag her out of the room.

"But.." She starts but I cut it off by saying.

"He is not worthy of your wraith," I said.

She sighs before telling me "Alright if you said so"

I smile at her and we continue walking toward the lab.

"I guess this is where we part." She said

"You sound like we had a date, Kitty." I giggles

"Pfff you wish I am too great for you!" She said putting her hands on her hips.

"Sure. But I prefer my partner to be manly and not so much girly as me" I said smirking at her.

She rolls her eyes. Before she playfully pushes my arm. "Anyways I have to go before my assistant get another panic attack."

"You really are awful with this poor guy"

"He just overreacts too much that all."

"Yeah sure" I cross my arms.

"Haha OK, I have to go but hey good luck with your test!" She hugs me and I hug back before she let go and leave.

"Thanks, Kitty!" I wave at her before I enter the lab and greet my follow college.

~time skip~

I was preparing the machine and making a few testing when I heard the door slide. "Hey, Dr. Wolf how is the preparation?"

I turn I see with Dr. Ember.

"Hello, Dr. Ember. And yes I am almost done with the preparation." I said checking my clipboard.

"Good good! The higher up and the other Dr. are about to arrive! It's your first time presenting your work right?" He said.

I simply nod before reviewing my notes. I feel his hand on my shoulder and I look at him with a questioning look.

"Everything would be fine Dr. Wolf. Your work is amazing and everyone would agree with me that you are one of the best we have on this base."

I smile a little about this statement he gave me. "Thanks for your praise Dr. Ember"

"Oh please call me Lucas! After 2 years of working together, should we drop this formality between us?" He said

I smirk "Dr. Ember you know during work hour formality is a must," I said before finishing the last check-up of the machine.

"Haha you got me, Dr. Wolf," He said and sigh in defeat. "Well then good luck!" And he left the room.

I sigh "I hope so" I whisper

(A/N) Alright, my first chapter!!! I hope you like it!! I just want to said it's the first time publishing a story😄 So don't mind the spelling 🙄

Inugami 🐺 out~