Chapiter 17

The very next day, Alice was eager to open her box. It's not only containt her spellbook and grand-father notes but also memory of their time together. Her grand-father may have leave early on her life but it was the best memory she have from her childhood. She went cleanning and changing cloths before she headed downstairs. She saw Gaster in the living room looking at the box.

"Morning love! What are you doing?" She said as she approach him and sit down.

"Just intriguing over the box..." He said still looking at it. Alice feel like his curiosity is at his peek with what could be inside of it. It's understable since it's not everyday Gaster could find new research about the aboveground and what they add being developped. Alice smile and kiss his cheekbone. He turn his skull to face her and blush a bit. Alice giggles at his reaction.

"I love your enthousiasme, love" Alice said. She get up and went to the kitchen. She decide today she would just have cereal and went back sitting next to her lover. Gaster however already eat and was waiting for Alice to get up. As she was done eating she put the bowl on the coffee table and took the box on her laps.

"Ready love?" Alice said looking at her skeleton boyfriend.

"Ready as I never be" he said smiling at her.

Alice put a hand on the lock as her hand glow. They hear a click on the lock and the box open. Gaster scoop over near Alice to see what's inside. She pull out the spellbook and show to Gaster.

"That's the spellbook I was talking about yesterday. It's containt some spells my grand-father made and other generation of my family." She said. Gaster took the book on her hands and could feel a little bit of magic around the book. He look at Alice with a raising eyebrow.

"It is normal that I could feel some magic inside the book?" he ask

"Hmm... It is being transfert to my family for a long time... I would not be surprise if you feel some lingering of magic right now." She said shrugs her shoulders. He look back at the book more intriguing about it. Alice giggles.

"You can go ahead and look inside love" she said. Without further hesitation he open the book. He saw runes and old writting that he thought was lost after the war 500 years ago.

"I would never thought to see those runes and this old languages again." He said with a nostalgie smile.

"Oh? You know some of them?" Alice said surprise that her boyfriend know sorceress magic. He simply nod as he keep looking inside the book.

"I was there when the war happen but I was a child when we were trap to the underground..." He said.

Alice put a hand on his cheekbone and he look up at her. She look at him with a sad smile.

"It's alright my love it's happen a very long time ago." He said reassuring her. She try to see if he was lying about it but couldn't find any hint of sadness or hurt in his face or eyesockets. She put down her hand and look inside the box. Gaster close the book and put it on his laps. She pull out 3 olds pictures. One was with her grand-father and her when she was 5 years old, the other one was with her biological parents and her when she was 1 years old and the last one was took 2 weeks before her grand-father pass away. She was 7 years old on this one. That took her a back seeing those pictures again.

"Are you alright, my love?" Gaster said putting a hand on her shoulder worry.

"Oh! I am sorry love... It's just being a while I didn't look at those pictures" she said with tears that form on the corner of her eyes. Gaster wipe her tears and pull her into a hug. She hug him back and let her tears fall. He make a circular motion on her back trying to calm her down. Once she calm down, she look up to him and wipe away some tears.