Chaper 13

Haley's P.O.V

I came back to school and everyone asked about me. Once I cleared the crowd, I walked to my locker. Where's Ross? I rushed to Maddy. "Maddy, where's Ross?", I asked.

"I have no idea", she replied.

"He's always here when I'm here", I noted. We talked about our suspicious until Annie rushed by. "Hey Annie", Maddy called out. She just kept speed walking.

I ran after her. "Annie?", I asked. She ran and I stopped. What happened? Maddy ran by me. We watched as Annie ran away.

"Something is up, and I have a feeling it has to do with Ross", Maddy suspected.

"Annie will never do anything bad with him. Let me call him", I dial his number and started ringing.

It went straight to voicemail.

We just stared and ran to my car. We drove straight to his house and we ran up his stairs. We rang the doorbell and Rydel answered.

"Hey guys", she greeted. "Hey, is Ross here?", Maddy asked. "He is suppose to be at school", she replied.

"He's not and when I called him, it went straight to voicemail and my other friend started avoiding us", I explained.

"I think I know where he might be", Rydel noted and went straight to my car. Rydel drove us to an unusual place. A sign says: DO NOT ENTER

"Uh Rydel, should we-"

Rydel pulled us under the sign and we ran. "Here is is- OH MY GOSH!", Rydel pointed to a lake where Brittany and Ross were talking.

We went to a near bush and listened to them.

"Ross I like you. Wait, I love you Ross", Brittany messed with his hair.

"I love you too, babe", He chuckled and I gasped.

"Why did you started dating the chipmunk, Haley", she asked, disgusted.

"I don't know, to win my girl back", he replied.

"Well, are we together?"

"Yes, we are".

They started leaning and kissed. Maddy rubbed my back and whispered, "I'm sorry".

Rydel hugged me and I hugged back.

My phone rang very loudly and my eyes grew in shocked. Brittany and Ross looked back and started coming towards us.

"I got this", Rydel whispered and threw a rock at the lake. They looked back and we ran. "HEY! GET BACK HERE!", Ross yelled and started running after us.

"What do we do?!" I yelled at Maddy and Rydel.

Rydel jumped right and grabbed me and Maddy and we crashed into the lake.

Ross catched his breathe and picked Brittany up, bridal style and carry her to the trees. We popped back up, catching our breaths. "I knew Brittany couldn't get her clothes wet", Rydel panted. I got up to get my phone that was left in the bushes. Rydel and Maddy followed

The call was from an unknown number. I looked down and started walking up the small hill. "Lets go guys, school's about start in 15 minutes", I noted and kept walking.

"Are you alright?", Rydel asked. "Yeah, Ross isn't worth it anyways", I replied with a smile.

"What?", an answer came from behind. I didn't want to turn around and kept walking. I knew it was Ross.

"Hey, we were talking to you!", Brittany yelled. "Go makeout or something", I yelled back. "Get over here right now!", Brittany yelled angrily.

We got to my car and dove away. We saw Ross holding Brittany tight and glared at me. I looked back at the road and drove away. I stopped at a red light and sighed. "Haley, they're coming, look behind", Rydel warned.

Their car was right behind and when the green light shows, I sped up a little bit and start to get worried.

 We got to school and Rydel, Maddy, and I ran to our classes.

This is gonna get difficult.