Chapter 30

Ross' P.O.V

"Step away from the man" a voice spoke that I recognized.

It was Annie and with her are Brittany, the girls from her group, some of the girls I dated and the cops.

Lucy smirked again. "You don't scare me!" she laughed and dragged Haley into a room. She locked it so we couldn't go inside.

"Now we'll make sure you'll never see Ross again" she hissed and I heard crying and screams.

The cops kicked the door open and Lucy came close to the cops with a knife.

One of them pulled out a gun. "Drop the knife or I'll shoot" one of the police cops threatened.

She ran to the cops with the knife still in her hand and when she was about to stab the cop, he pulled the trigger and shot her.

She stopped and fell onto the ground. "Haley!" I ran to her and she closed her eyes.

The cops called the ambulance and they immediately took her to the hospital.

Me, Brittany and Annie, Maddy, Rydel, Haley's mom, my family including Ratliff are all waiting in the waiting room.

I started to cry and Haley's mom and Maddy tried to comfort me.

Brittany and Annie were talking about how they were with Haley and everyone else stood quiet.

"Mrs. Johnson, Ross, Haley wants to see you two" the nurse calls us and we walked in.

I saw Haley's body with dried blood and her eyes squinted.

Mrs. Johnson and Haley talked and then she rushed out of the room.

"Ross, I'm going to be okay" she cooed while wiping my tears away.

I smiled slightly and she closed her eyes and she stopped breathing.

I cried and the heart monitor made the long beep sound and I cried harder.

"Haley, please don't leave me. You're the only one I want to be with. Your face shines the world and your smile makes everyone want to love you. You have changed me a lot and I'm so grateful that I have you by my side. I want to grow up with you and share everything together and that what made you my better half. I don't want to be with anyone else but you. I want to go out with you and hit every stage in life with you. Your amazing personality is the biggest thing that I love about you and your so unique that makes the world a better place. Without you, I will no longer be happy. Please don't leave me because your my better half that I love. And I love you so much" I cried.

Mrs. Johnson walked in and comforted me.

The heart monitor started to beep again and I glanced over.

Her eyes opened slowly and she smiled.

"You are also my better half" she smiled and my face changed instantly.

I kissed her lips and she kissed back. "She's alive, she's alive!" Mrs. Johnson cried and the nurses came in.

"It's a miracle!" one nurse said and we laughed.

"I love you more than anything" she smiled and we continued to kiss.

My best friend is alive!