8

Zane
I was missing my babe and she was gonna be gone for business for a couple of days. I was home alone sipping some wine and listening to old school love songs. I may be young but I have an old soul and I can't do today's music. They shit sound dumb just like how this generation is gonna turn out to be. I remember when I was coming up it was so much different. Our parents were more strict and never let us do what we wanted to do. I was glad that my parents raised me right but than when I came out they screamed we ain't raise you to be gay. After all the shit that happened to me as a teen I did shit on my own. After being disowned by my own damn parents I dipped out and got shit done on my own. I knew my mom wouldn't want me home anyways so I decided to leave than they both got mad. How you disown your only child but than get mad when I wanted to be on my own. I wasn't staying home to get criticized or be forced to be with the opposite sex. My father was a pastor so I already knew how being home would've went. He would read his bible verses to me and try to anoint me with the holy oil. Like nah I'm good that's why I really didn't communicate with them after I left. I only hit them up when my dad passed away.

I still barely fucked with them after that, I didn't want shit to do with my mom. Yeah she was sad or whatever but it ain't like they really cared about me and my feelings. Everybody was circled around her the day of my dad's funeral and I thought this is some fake ass shit. If it was me I wouldn't get that much love. As a young teen I always thought I would be better off dead. I had a lot of suicidal thoughts but never fully went through with tryna kill myself. Every time I thought about that I would find something to take my mind off not wanting to be here anymore. I had friends who were concerned with me all the time so they made sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. After being in the thoughts I heard the front door open. I got excited thinking that Amaya was home early but it was only Zaniyah. She looked pissed off so I asked what was wrong. "Lanie pissed me off because it's boring over there and she was all on her phone", she said. "Well you can watch tv with me your mom won't be home until Tuesday night", I said. "Okay I'm going to get into something more comfortable though", she said. She went upstairs to change and I scrolled for a good movie. I found one and paused it and she came down in a jersey and blue booty shorts.

My hands were sweaty and I had to rub them on my pants because Zaniyah was making me nervous. "So Zane what are we watching", she asked in such an innocent voice. "We're gonna watch a thriller but it's not scary", I replied. "Well if I have nightmares you fighting off the monsters", she said giving me a look and smiled. "I sure will just make sure you come get me if you do." I than started the movie and felt some type of way about Zaniyah being this damn nice to me. It was odd that she was close to me like this but I just shook the thought out my mind. I hope she wasn't like her friend Lanie because it would be no way in hell Zaniyah's mom would believe me. She told me she always will take her daughter's word. I knew she would too because she's a passionate and caring mother. She loved her daughter so much that she even protected her from her own father. I know Zaniyah was mad but her mom only wants what's best for her. Parents should be like that with any kid I wish mines were like that with me. Instead I got bashed because I didn't meet their damn expectations smh. It was like I had to be like everybody else just to be loved. My father told me to always be proud to be myself and always be the oddball. Guess that damn changed when he started to play that pastor role.