16

When Quinn got out of bed and rolled into the living room the next morning, she saw her mom sitting on the couch with Olivia and Tom.

"Morning." Quinn muttered as she looked at her mom. "You're home early."

"Good morning, honey." Judy grinned. "Surprise."

"Morning, Quinn." Olivia smiled. "How was your night?"

"It was good. Noah came over." Quinn answered.

Judy raised her eyebrow.

"I asked him to." Olivia explained. "I went to Artie's and I didn't want Quinn to be alone, even though she said she'd be fine."

"And I was fine." Quinn added. "But it was nice to have the company."

"Did you see Beth?" Judy wondered.

"No." Quinn shook her head. "And Noah didn't stay over, but he told me something interesting."

"What'd he tell you?" Judy asked.

"He told me that Daddy came to the hospital when I was in a coma." Quinn responded.

"I... uh, Noah said that?" Judy asked.

Quinn nodded. "You let him see me after I told you I never wanted to see him again."

"He took care of the hospital bill." Judy explained. "He apologized to me, and he wanted to apologize to you, but I asked him to leave before you woke up."

"I told you I didn't wanna see him and I didn't want him seeing Beth. Ever." Quinn reminded Judy.

"He didn't see Beth." Judy promised.

"Because Noah was smart enough not to bring her!" Quinn exclaimed. "Not because you said anything. You never stand up to him, and you let him walk all over us!"

"We can talk more about this when you calm down." Judy promised.

"Will we actually talk about it?" Quinn questioned Judy.

"We'll talk about it." Judy repeated. "Why don't you go in your room until you're ready to have a conversation?"

"Fine." Quinn mumbled as she turned around and wheeled away.