8: Lunch Date

Lunch was great! I couldn't have asked for a "me" time with Philip. The man I have not gotten over since Ayo's birthday. The walk back to the office must have been the shortest walk I have experienced in my lifetime

 I didn't want to go back to the spacious room I call "my office" while I let the day's work consume

. I didn't want to go back to the spacious room I call "my office" while I let the day's work consume.

"Why did I say yes to lunch and dinner ?" I asked myself as I got on the elevator. Doing things on impulse isn't my fortress. I like to play scenario in my mind over and over again before executing it. "Why" the sound of the elevator brings me back to reality. After getting off, Lilian, my secretary was waiting for me with more files in her hand. "It's going to be a very long day" I skilled my eyes at her and the files, smiling with weary eyes.

"What do you have for me?" I asked

" The CEO called your office twice; he requests to see you before you leave for the day."

I paused in my steps "Mr Akeem, asked to see me?" Lilian nods " Did he say why?" I asked

" No, he did not " she replied.

"What else is on my schedule for today?" I opened the door to my office, dropped my bag and walked around the space to get to my chair. Lilian followed suit, she continued to talk, while I was lost for a moment.
"Do I have to cancel dinner? Why does John want to see me?"

"Mam! " I heard her

"Yes, just drop the files. I will see to them before the day is over. And kindly, get me an iced coffee. Thanks"

I could tell from the concern written on her face. "I am fine, Lilian. I know I pay you to solve my problems and see to my schedule, but this issue is not your concern" I smiled.

"For a minute, I thought you were sick. I can cancel your schedule for the day if you need to rest" she offered

"Thanks, I will be fine. Send in the 2'oclock on your way out" now, engrossed in the file that needs my analysis for the monthly exhibition.
I sat down to get my work done before meeting with John. My CEO and Partner.

A/N

Hi guys! I know this series is short but bear with me, the rest are quite long. I hope you enjoy it. Series comes out every Monday. Drop your thoughts in the comment.
Thanks.

Question: Do you read your story?
A: Yes I do. I enjoy reading it; i like to get into the characters and play their roles in my head. Its so much fun.

Question : How often do you write the draft?
A: mostly before bed or when am free at work.

Vote,comment and share.