32: "Get rid of her and come home"

Endgame: Taylor Swift ft Future and Ed Shereen.

A/N
Hi everyone
Welcome to our first sorry for the new year!
Happy new year, everyone😃🔥🍷
This chapter picks up from where we left off in the last episode.
Before writing this chapter, I realised I have only given hints on the mother-son relationship going sour(should I call is sour? 🤔Maybe Uncanny relationship I suppose 😁nevermind )but I haven't elaborated on the details.
So here is it for your aesthetic pleasure.🤗

Philip

"Philip"
With mother's eyes hidden behind the sunglasses, I couldn't tell her expression. But I was ready for the usual reprimand...
I let g of the door handle to make room for her to come in.
With my back still turned at Anna, I couldn't tell if Anna was anxious at meeting the mother.  I became aware of the challenge  I would have to encounter to protect our love.
I turned at Sandy, mother's secretary whom I had earlier spoken to on the phone.

" Could you give us some minutes " I smiled at the thirty-year-old woman with an international relations degree.

" Yes, Mr San. I will be at the reception if need me."
I took mother's bag from Sandy then shut the door.

Turing my gaze at the two most beautiful women in the world. The women I have always cherished in their manner. I found them smiling at themselves. Mother said something I could not hear then, reached out to hug Anna.
Suddenly the hotel became small that my claustrophobic nature became evident to handle. I grabbed the door handle steady my legs.
Taking a deep breath in and out, which must say helped the situation.

If memories served me well and did not fail me, mother likes Anna! Because we rarely touch people let alone give out hugs. I have tonight's encounter won't be so bad.
On second thought, who am I kidding? Mother will never hug anyone if it's not to make me uncomfortable. But for whatever it is I am ready to sail this ship come what may... A tornado standing before me or a next hurricane.

I dropped her bag on the couch closest to me. Then walked closer to Anna to have my hand around her waist. A firm way to tell mother that the woman she just gave a hug is my woman. I decided to introduce Anna to her.

" Mother, meet Anna, my girlfriend."

Mother's gaze at us with our tangled hands let out a visible spike,

Yes, the stiff peak she usually has whenever I decide to be deviant. Anna doesn't understand but she will someday. That the woman I call my mother was once kind, and understanding but would never be caught off-guard. And in this case meeting, Anna without prior notice was like hitting her from behind without countermeasure.

"Yes, Philip she told me her name already" she masked off her surprise at the "girlfriend." " Nice meeting you Anna." She paused for a moment to look from me to Anna. Then continued " I suppose you're both here for the firm acquisition?"

I see what she's getting at, no mother. I understand she doesn't want to accept the fact that Anna and I are in an intimate relationship but work-related.

As Anna was about to respond to mother's question, I squeeze her hand to stop her. Let mother think whatever she wants. I won't be offended by her incoherent question.

" I asked for more time mother. you didn't have to come down to Rhodes."

" I figured you need my help because you seem to be slacking off in your duties." Her gaze dropped on Anna. Who remained calm as ever.

" Pls, have a sit ma, " Anna offered to break the silence "I will order coffee if you mind " she released her hand from my hold. Then mouthed " I will be right back."
Don't go... Please.
I gave out my cry out expression; I don't want to be stuck with her. Anna grabbed her handbag and left us without looking back.