31: Mother

Delicate by Taylor Swift (I was listening to this song while writing this chapter).

A/N
Holla😃
Hello lovelies
We made #2 on investments for last week.
Thanks for reading.

Philp

" You would behave in front of everyone. No tantrums Philip, do you hear me?" The firmness in her voice sent a chill down on my spine.

A thirteen-year-old me nods in affirmation to avoid more talks from her. I have to say she was starting to irritate me. I had been called to the principal's office when a fight had broken out two hours before mother came. Why couldn't she ask me what happened? I thought she was my mother? Why couldn't she assure me that it was going to be alright like other mothers do to their kids? Why couldn't she hug me? I haven't seen her for weeks, and this is what I get from her?

Father had just passed, and she has had to take over the three companies at that time. She barely saw me, and I barely saw my mother. Fate was a torn of rose in our lives. I had broken into a fight to have her attention, and this is what I get, a firm promise to behave? I was thirteen, who had just lost his dad, lonely and wanted attention!
Right after I apologise to the kid at the principal's office, we both left, and when we got home, I had contemplated suicide. Thankfully, Nana's love was what changed my mind. Nana has been with the family before my birth and dad 's birth. She had been grandpa's friend. Although, saw more than friendship within them but figure they were content just having each other around.

" Why stay in such a hell where my mother wouldn't ask me how I feel? Why do I need to be her child when I had lost her to herself?" I had thought we would be much closer after dad passed on, but she drifted and became strict with me. I had to walk on an eggshell in the house. " I lamented over a cup of milk and fresh baked cookies that Nana had served me in the kitchen.

She held me in a bear hug and sighed. " Philip dear, your mum is hurting too. She misses your father and the best way to show it is to toughen you up."

" Well, she could have asked me about the fight." I held back the tears that were about to fall off.

" Candice has a weird way of showing her emotions. You must be strong for both of you as times goes on" she wipes off my tears with her hands. "Candice loves you. She has always loved you. Don't ever forget that"

Sixteen years later, I am still trying to understand my mother's uncanny love for me. I pushed the thought away to spend more time with Anna before my mother lands in Greece.
I drew her closer to cuddle more. I m going to miss the feel of her with me every day. My heart won't take it if mother sends out her cold chill to Anna. I can condone all the strict and mean treatment from her but won't take it when she lashes on Anna.
Mother's uncanny love is the strangest that I have ever come across in my lifetime. And it's funny when she doesn't treat her stepchildren the same way she does with me.

A kiss on my lips jolts me back to reality.

" I lost you for a moment. " emotions swell up in her eyes. I grabbed her to kiss her more, anything to forget this feeling while the dread lingers.

" I am sorry. Did you ask me anything?"

"What's she like?" She beams her smile up at me.

" who?" I smirk and laugh.

" Your mom? Tell me about her?"

I raked my hair back and forth while I tried to find a good description of my mom. Then sighed " shes mother, you know a typical English bred." I smiled. The funny look on Anna's face made me laugh out.