27 Pumpkin

Anna

Anna

"Hey, babe." Said the soft voice behind me. First its a view I have known all my life - preschool, grade school, middle school and college and most importantly for twenty years.
Gosh, he's so cute when he wants to.. Why didn't we ever date? Maybe because I value our friendship more than a relationship. Yea, maybe. I turned to look at him.

" Yes, Pumpkin "

" Someone is happy " entered the room." What's up?" He asked

" Packing.." He cuts in

"San told everyone that you're leaving tomorrow. Can I tag along?" Gave me a drop-dead smile that he thinks I could not refuse.

" Pumpkin, I will have to give you a rain check on that, am leaving to resume work." I grabbed more clothes from my latest shopping and threw them in my box.

" You don't love me anymore? " I tried to process the reply for his comment but couldn't find any. He is such a baby.

"Ouch! that hurts." He pressed his hands to his chest and fell on the bed. I dropped the piece of cloth and joined him, by landing on the bed. We both laughed at his ridiculous action. Ayo is a cute baby, we both are babies in adult skins.
Gosh, how we loved to play as kids. I owe his family everything. The woman I have become today is because of our friendship, family support and the community. A community sure makes a child.

"let's go on a date to compensate for your trauma "

He burst out into laughter, " You do know I hate going on dates?"

" I thought that ordeal is in the past?"
" Still working on it" sat on the edge of my bed with his back in the headboard.

" wait, but you go on dates with Bianca, shouldn't that have stopped traumatising you?"

" Bianca helped me in our early days, and I am grateful for her kind of spirit and warmness. But it still comes in flashes. "

Suddenly, I held my friend, to assure him. I have to say this ordeal has been with him for the past ten years when he got stood up by his ex-girlfriend. The day flashed before my eyes.

It was during college days I had just gotten into our dorm that was also shared with Shaun. Ayo was excited to see me and give me great news. Whatever it was that I was bout doing was forgotten, at that moment I was all ears to listen to my best friend's story.

"What is it, Ayo?"

" She finally said "yes" he jumped up like a little kid who just got his wish granted by Santa Claus.

" Really? really?" I was beyond excited for Ayo, he had been crushing on this girl for months and to finally see this goal happen, I was happy. The Moment was amazing.

" So what are your plans for the future?" Trust me, am all about dating with future at hand. Ayo looked at me and smiled.

" Anna, I just asked her out. No pressure"