23. "Thats Savvy, I like it"

A/N

Hi, it's me again. If you have read my work up to this chapter, thanks 🎅 for reading my work.
By the way, a new book cover was made by yours indeed, but still, need to find a more appealing.... Compelling book cover for HE😝Blame me for being a perfectionist.
Don't forget to drop your reviews and comments.💗💖👌
Love
Maryansika❤

Anna

With the two weeks vacation almost over, I had to relieve myself of some office activities upon Dr Nadia request.

As I looked outside, I could see Philip on the patio making a call. He seemed pretty much at ease now that he knows about my health issues and his hovering over me all the time is an understatement. He needs to resume work asap!

Over the past week, I have had to call John several times to help call Philip in to resume his duties, but John has turned deaf ears to my complaint. They all seem to be in on it, to get me rested and off work. I must say its funny to be cared for, all my life I have had to care for myself.

And the sex ...hmm, the thought of it, sent chills to my body.

Last night, our conversation didn't end the way I had planned. I had in mind to ask the nagging questions which Shaun had planted. Which seems to be germinating pretty fast.

But, Philip saw it as a wise opportunity to inquire about my childhood, which escalated real quick to yet another mind-blowing sex.
Dude makes me high on so many levels.
If I am going to commit to this- whatever we are having, then I need him to be more open about his family. I have gone through his library and rooms, without signs of pictures except for the souvenir he had with the boy from his Europe trip.

My gaze returned to the man on shorts with sunglasses on his face, on his patio, pacing slowly with the phone glued to his ear. The sight seems drinkable, quite sexy I must add too. He turned to my direction and waved when he caught me staring his handsomeness.

I waved back then resumed my story reading on Webtoon. I was startled when I saw a shadow close by; I must have been lost in my web reading.

"Dammit! Ayo, when did you arrive?"

He laughs hysterically "I am sorry to scare you, scary- cat," he said, " I just arrived, I figured you would be out here by the pool." He continued.

" Yea, Philip said I needed the sunshine."

"Yea, you do. You have been staying indoor the most. " he sat down with me.

" Did Bianca's flight leave?"

" Yea, it took off before I left the airport."

"Love is a beautiful thing, handsome" I teased him

At the sound of a beep, Ayo took out his phone to check his messages. There was a brief silence before he resumed his questions.

" Love huh?" He looks at me with "I know that gaze" then continued " Tell me, do you have your fill with Mr San yet?"
I playfully nudged him on the elbow.
Yes, we have had some fill of ourselves. But who is counting?

" I don't know what you're talking about."

"Hahaha, yes you do Anna. That's the face of a person who is hopelessly in love."

" No, I am not"I defensively turned my gaze back to my tablet.

" Yes, you're Anna. And I am glad; you're starting to heal." Ayo said convincingly

" What!"

" Common Anna, look at him up there on the patio. He is a good man, and he is not going anywhere like your parents or Aunt and Uncle. It wasn't their fault to leave you all alone by yourself."