40. A Function or a party?

Anna

Just five days since we arrived in London it's been adventurous for me. I have never been to this part of Europe and I must say the sightseeing in London is very resourceful. With Philip been busy with the London office, Natty made herself available upon Philip's request. So far, Philip's mum hasn't been around the house to visit, from what Natty told me Both Philip's mother and brother Jonah have had to visit Georgia the night we left New Jersey and are due to come back in ten days.

I stood at the balcony of Philip's suburb estate, smiling down the ray at Lilian and her adorable boyfriend, I wave at them to catch the attention. Both Lilian and her boyfriend... Boyfriend? I really have to stop saying that, why is it that I can't remember his name when he introduced himself at the airport?  I have to ask Lilian one more time ...with both looking my way I waved back at them.
Why does he look so familiar though? My thoughts keep nagging before, a hand came over my shoulder. I knew it was Philip. Smiling up at him, with the ray of light covering half his face, he asked

"What are you doing out here?"
I smiled and pointed out at Lilian and her man now climbing up to the balcony. " I am trying to get their attention. How was your meeting?" 
As Lilian and her... Yes, Clement, how could I have forgotten the name. As both walked their way towards us, Philip kissed my cheek and smiled at them. " meeting was a fine babe. Lilian, Clement, I trust you're enjoying your vacation" he continued

" Yes, it's been a wonderful experience " Lilian replied. Clement smiled at us. There was something about his charisma, which I couldn't place..not yet.

"Thanks for having us at such short notice, " Clement said

" No problem mate" Philip nudged Clement while he still had his hand over my shoulder. " By the way, so do you have anything planned out for the rest of the evening?" Philip asked

" None I suppose, " Clement said as he replaced Lilian's hair which was dangling from the wind blowing in our face. " Do you have plans babe?" He asked Lilian.

" I was going to sit with Anna and go over the schedule for the new year but that can wait, right Anna?" She smiled and fluttered her eyes at me, pleading. She really must want not to work on this trip. Fine, I will indulge her. 
"That can wait, Lilian" I brush a smile at her as she yelped her hand into the air in jubilation.

" Now, that's perfect because we have a function to attend. Found the invitation cards on the front desk in the hallway. You all don't mind, do you?"

Philips question was more like a plea. I could tell he doesn't want to go to this function but this is a duty for him, to represent the family and all. And I am all for it. Family.
I would do anything for this man standing beside me even if its an inconvenience for me.

" I don't mind " I replied. My response and the rest of others brought warmth to Philip's face. He smiled and pat Clement on the back and hugged Lilian.

" That's a relief for me" Philip whispered into my ear. And kissed me on the lips.

" We will get going to keep up with the time for the event." Clement offered.

" Outfits are in your closet, should you want one" Philip offered a smile with their response as they dashed into the building.

" I am glad that they can come" touching his warm hand to calm his nerves.

" I am lucky to have you the most, Anna"

" And what would do without me?"  Philip fakes a frown and pouts his mouth. " Hahaha, " I laughed out " I love you, mate"

" Mate?" the curious line meets my gaze

" picked up a few British accents"

" Nice, if it warms you up, buddy"