15: Night Time.

Running: Naughty boy ft Beyonce.

Anna

He was embarrassed! At the table, when I gave my response to his question

He was embarrassed!
At the table, when I gave my response to his question. I saw the embarrassment written all over his face.

Purr! I sighed in disgust as I paced from my bedroom to the walk-in closet.

"Anna that was very rude of you."Covering my eyes to hide my shame. If that is even possible to do.

After my one minute talk of shame. I got dressed for the hangout at Shaun's.

Ten mins drive was all it took to get to Shaun's house. I had called Ayo while leaving my place to meet us at Shaun's.
I didn't expect to find more than one car in Shaun's driveway.

I gasped when John opened the door."Surprise much?" He grimaced.

" What is going on, I wasn't expecting you to be here." I voiced out while trying to keep a straight face.

"Come on in, Shaun invited us."

"Us?"

I walked into a house filled with half of my co-workers and Ayo. Smiling down at me from the stairs. I looked around in hope to see Shaun.

Tonight was supposed to be our night out with Ayo. Why are my collogues here? I grabbed a cup of wine from the table, gulped it down my throat.
There she is!

Shaun came down with John; I guess he must have gone to fetch her for me.

"Anna, right on time." She came forward for a hug. We hugged for a few secs.

" Shaun" I looked around "What's going on?" I starred at her bashfully.

"Oh sorry, I was going to tell you after lunch, but I got busy. When I told John that we are hanging out tonight. John suggested that we should host a welcome party for a Philip San." She paused to look at me then "something about a freelance broker joining the firm.you should know him, right?" Shaun asked.

I tilled my teeth together hiding my frustration. Then nodded in response to Shaun's question.

"It is him"I slowly voiced out.

" Philip? That's his name?" I saw the light excitement on Shaun's face.
She must think that I am stupid. She enjoys this mind game of hers.

"Girl mingle with everyone. It's a welcome party, not a funeral and try to be an excellent host to our colleagues" she nudged me.

I chuckled " It is not my house. Be the better host" I grabbed another cup of wine and left Shaun to her thoughts to meet Ayo, as he waved at me climbing up the stairs to reach him.

"Hey Ketc, how have you been?".

" Pretty great," I replied. I grabbed more of Ayo's wine and drank it.