24: A work of Fiction.

Philip

The talk about my family with Anna wasn't easy for me. I had figured I would let it out someday but not this early in our relationship- relationship if that is what it is at the moment. Anna has been an incredible presence in my life after dad's death. And yet she doesn't know that I hold her dear to my heart. Now, with Sunny in town, I should be expecting more of them in the city. And when I mean them, the whole clan. Inevitable to deal with.

My gaze went to the figure coming into view, Sunny... Talk about the devil herself. My mini-lil bunny of a sister. I gave a slight smile at how lively she made our family to be. The moment she came into our home, she made a connection with everyone. Natalie, Jonah and Nathan stopped fighting with mum, and all focus was on Sunny. I have to say; she brought a glimpse of hope to our household.

I scoffed and let nature take its course.

" Hi, brother" casually walked in

" Hi, Sunny. You find your room comfortable?"

" Yes brother, stop being formal." Sits on the edge of my bed. " Mum called, by the way, she wants me to relay a message."

"And what might that be" I am not in the mood for any family tell-tale.

" Something about your dad's anniversary coming up."

Yeah right, I didn't think she still enjoys visiting her ex-husband's grave.

" Okay, I will call. Anything else?" I walked towards the door.

"No, that's all. But, I would like to ask a favour."

Here we go, does she ever fend for herself? Don't get me wrong. I love to help my dear ones- including sunny; she has a beautiful spot in my heart. I think she gets overly attuned to my help.
"Let's hear it out." I turned to look at her, I see her on her bathrobe and flipflop slipper. She seems quite awkward which sent a little smile to my face.

"So, Its a weekend I was wondering if I could use one of your cars to move around the city. I would appreciate it."

"sure, when did you get your licence?" I asked without hoping for a reply.

"I am twenty-three, not five Philip. And if you must know dad taught me how to drive when I was sixteen."

Sunny replied. She aimed at my cheeks, gave me a pouty mouth " Thanks, bro. See you around." Walks out of my room.

I smiled as she walked away. She sure knows how to get her way. She struck me as Anna does. These women have a thing at getting what they want.
Speaking of Anna, what might she be up to this morning. I shut the door and walked down to the kitchen to get a bowl of popcorn and soda. A sudden urge came to mind, to share time with Anna. I shut the fridge and climbed the first floor to find Anna.

******
Anna.

"Shaun, you're impossible."
I heard her hysteric laughter via the phone.

" Its the fact, if he doesn't want me around while we are at work then I won't make myself available."

" I know he means well. Probably under pressure with few clients not willing to merge and the conference coming up too." I tried to calm her down to see John's point of view. I love my friends, but it gets hard when both are bullheaded to compromise on trivial issues.

" Where are you, Shaun?"

" I just got home. Why did you ask?"

" girls' night?" I asked. I miss her, especially her antics and psychic questions. And I also want to be the shoulder to leans on at this very moment