33 :"Vanilla or Chocolate?"

Anna

" Hey, ain't you going to stop doing that?"

"What?"

" The texting."

I looked up from my texting at Shaun who stood gazing down at me. Her hands in akimbo and expression were not readable either. I sighed at her creased brows and dropped my phone on the office desk. I sit upright with all my attention at her: Shaun, quite the inquisitor.

"I am all ears, hit me with your questions" I raise my hands in the air.

" You can tell Philip bye first before we begin." She offered with a smile.

" He will be fine. He isn't going anywhere. How are you doing by the way" I brushed the request off.

" Tell me about Rhodes " brushed her palms together accompanied with a grin. "I am fine thank you."

" Shaun, that was a month ago." I gave a slight surprise to her.

" Well, don't blame me? You haven't seen me in a while. So tell me please."

" We had fun " smiling " you know."

"What! That's all?"

" Shaun, what is wrong? This is my trip remember?"

" Well, which you won't share. You're mean" she gave me a childish pout and a mean look.
I like her when she does silly things like pouting or arms in akimbo to get my response.

" Okay, fine. We had lunch, sex and more sex...."

" wait don't say more sex or I will have your head. "

" You asked for it remembers?" I laughed as she threw a throw pillow my way. " Okay, Philip's mum came over to Rhodes."

Shaun exclaimed " No way!"

"Yes, way. It was unexpected " at that moment the firm acquisition story popped up in my head.
" Did you know Philip's household is a rich one?"

Shaun gives a non-believer's look " Nah, stop messing with me, Anna."

"I am serious. I was surprised too. Tell you the truth he didn't even give off the look"

" Totally. Wow, how did you find out?

" So, our trip to Rhodes he had this romantic scene from the car park to the private airplane...."

" A private what?" Shaun hestrically replied

" Can I finish ?"

"Sorry"

"Yeah, one of his family's private plane. Every damn thing on that plane was San'n Sons owned. And by San'n and Sons, I mean the company. "

" Wait a minute. The Law firm in downtown?"

" Wait there is one in New Jersey?" I shift from my chair to the couch.

" Yes, it's beside Hudson Bay. You mean Philip owes that company? Like he is the CEO?"
My nodding in affirmation jolts Shaun out of her chair. It dawned on me that Philip coming to town the moment we met wasn't a coincidence, he had been overseeing his company while being a freelance stockbroker.

" Don't freak out when you hear this" again nods then I continued "He owes six companies, and the seventh is almost a closed deal."

" What! What! " she screamed out

" Shaun you're getting loud." I panicked in fear of her screaming

" How can you not freak out Anna? This is beyond the surprise I can take in a day" she brings out her phone and starts typing.