38: Boss much

" Bloody hell!" Left my mouth as I walked into the bedroom. The sight that beholds me was astonishing. Anna!

This morning had been a rush hour for me, I couldn't help her with anything because of dad and the impromptu meeting to catch up on. I left a list of chores for my assigned my live-out maid to do.

* Check on Anna every thirty minutes.
* Ensure she takes breakfast, lunch and medications
* Nadine will be visiting to take her Cast off.

Thanks
Philip
  Inhaling one deep breath and out, I caved at her smile. Damn! Why so gorgeous?

" Are you just going to keep staring?"
" You gave me no choice." I moved closer towards the edge of the bed where she sat with legs crossed. " You look breathtaking in that lingerie"

" Thanks, Clare helped me get into them"

Yea my live-out maid, she always goes through the extreme for anyone.

" Well, we have to give her a raise for doing that "
Her brows were raised in disbelief while shaking her head.
" What? I am just saying"

" Saw your list"

" You did?"

" don't fake that look at me Philip "
Anna's die-hard stare made me laugh out, with raised hands in the air.

" I wasn't faking anything. Give me a kiss, gorgeous " I leaned in to kiss the tip of her upper lip. One more gaze at her, I held her head calmly and kissed deeper.
She let go as she inhaled and exhaled with a smile. I felt the goosebumps as I traced my hand from her shoulder down to her hand.
"Are you cold?"

"No, I am. Just shivers from..." She looked at my lips. I gave her my usual smirk and sat beside her.

"Come here" pulling her duvet off from the bed then made her sit on my laps while we cuddled.

"Thanks" she kissed my cheeks. " How was your board meeting?"

" It was quite alright. The team got to meet dad and everyone was up on their game."

" That's great"

" And John called when I dropped by the office."

" Oh. How is the AR communication crisis?"

" All confirmed to go. "

" Any news on who gave the wrong information?"

" No, but John is hoping to get to the root of this. I think its an inside job"

Anna raised her brows at me.

" You don't think someone is out there to get us" long pause " to bring our establishment down?

" I may be wrong. It could be the competitors too" I waved my two hands outwardly giving the indifferent attitude. " John will handle that. Now, did you get to do anything on the list?"

Anna turned to slightly look at me while still on my lap.

" Boss much"
Smirked at her which sent her giggling.

" I miss that giggling, baby"

" Yes, I did. Two things at actually. Claire's energy resonates to my aged body "
I gagged at her phrase "aged body"

" I am sorry sweetheart. "  I kissed the top of her forehead.

" I know. I miss you too babe" she squeezed my hands comfortably. " Is your dad still at the office?"

" No, he left after the meeting. We will have to meet again on Friday in London."

" I can't wait to see London and your entire family."

" Just Jonah. You have pretty much net, everyone, even though this isn't what I intended it to look like"

"Tell me what you envisioned it to look like?" She turned to face me, hands crossed over my shoulder.

I flipped her hair back in place. Touching her face down to her cheekbone then lingered on her shoulder, touching the tip of the lingerie.
" You know, I wanted to us to meet everyone for Christmas like a typical Christmas."

" Bringing the girlfriend home must have been in your teenage list " Anna gave a dramatic hand up with a grimace.

" I just wanted it to be awesome".

" Oh babe, it is still alright with me meeting them in tin bits. Your mum, father, sisters are very awesome.

" I guess"

"No, it's super cool. I don't have one, except Ayo's family.  I think that's why it's amazing to meet everyone."
I took a breath in and out. This trip must mean a lot to Anna. And she wouldn't be happy to miss it. considering the fact that she has never talked about her family even though I know she lost her parents as a teen.
" What?" She asked while she gazed at me with her curious eyes.

" Nothing. Just sudden, you have never told me about your family."

" Because you have never really asked me."

"I assumed you would tell me in your own time" I smiled at her then cuddled more. "Let's get some sleep " I pulled myself up to the edge of the bed.

" I still have to go by my house to pack my stuff for London"

" Are you sure you're up for that? I mean your ankle. I could go by if you tell me what you would be needing."

Anna tilted her head at me with a smile hiding the stress on her face.

"What?" I asked

" Thanks, Philip. We can go to my house in the morning."

" I love you" I kissed both her cheeks.

"Love you more." She curled closer to him.

A/N
Hello lovelies , thanks for waiting.
😀a lovely evening
Don't forget to share ,comment and vote.
Maryansika🔥