20: Life As We Know it...

A/N
The last chapter left us wanting more from Anna' POV. Brace yourselves up because the following chapters will be juicy! Now, let's get to our reading.😍
This Chapter dedicated to @ Amaka Ibeh for pointing out some medical concerns.
Love you all and thanks for reading.😍😍

Anna.

"Tell me doc, what is wrong with her.?" I heard Philip ask as he went into the office. I peeped in a hurry I decided to end the call with John.

"John, I will call you back in the next hour."

"Okay, go on with your appointment. "John replies from the other end of the phone.

" Bye" I end the call with a sigh. Time to brace me up and hear the test results. Philip won't stop being frantic until he confirms the findings. Shaking my head at his pace in Nadia's office, I decided to let myself in.

" Hi Anna, " Nadia stood up then walked around her table to hug me. " It is good to see you. You look well rested."

"Thanks" feeling anxious, I tried to restain her tight hands on me, which didn't help much. "Are the results out?" I finally asked while I took a seat close by.

"Yes, and I will have you know that your hormonal levels are a bit" she paused for a moment to click on the Pc screen. Then a chart came up on the projector in the room. " as you can see your hormones are... I would say okay but not really where the hormonal levels should be. Which explains the episodes you have been having."

Philp's focus was more on me than the screen. I felt the worried gaze at me, why does he hurt so much for me when I haven't given him my response? I returned my gaze on Nadia, with a nod for her to continue.

" I will prescribe some medications. And these are mostly supplements to revive the hormonal levels. Then we can run some tests in three months." She smiled.

" Why do I need to run another test in three months? I thought the meds would boost my hormones?" I asked defiantly, I know the response, but I do not want to come back to a hospital. I despise hospitals!

" We need evidence that the supplements am about to prescribe worked. It is nothing scary, Anna" she reassured me.

I am not scared!
I looked around me restlessly.

"Thank you very much Doc" I heard Philp talk to the doctor. Now, he finally speaks! I Furrowed my brows at him, which he completely ignored and continued his talk with Nadia.
" we will be back in three months time," he said, then nudged me to take the prescription slip from Nadia while he helped me with my bag.

"Thanks, Doc Nadia"

"You're welcome, Anna. And call me Nadia, I feel like I have known you forever" we both laughed and hugged. Philp nudged me towards the door after we both said our goodbyes to Nadia.

[]
Philip

"Where are we going?" She asked me after waking up from sleep.

" Home, I didn't want to wake you. Did you have a good nap?"I asked her; she still needs to sleep some more. Her face looks sleep-deprived.

" Yes, the nap was okay." She stroked the loose hair off her face. " how long was I out?"

"an hour." I crossed the lane, driving through an underground road which seems pretty dark, I can't see her face, and I can't tell what she's thinking too
"Oh shoot!" I heard her scream
" what, what, are you okay?" I asked in haste.

" I was supposed to call John back after out appointment with Nadia." I heard her scribbling through her bag. I imagined she was looking for her phone.