18: A Pleasure of the Mind.

Anna POV

"Anna!" I heard Ayo call out my name as he raced into the room

"What is wrong with me? Heck! My head hurts so bad as I turned to fill my eyes at everyone in the room.
What's this wet thing on my head? Pheew!
Why do I have to show a weak side of me each time I am at a hangout."

" I am fine, Ayo" I smiled weakly. It is not every day you see three handsome men hovering over you with so much care and love written on their faces.

"Thanks, Shaun" while I took the cup from her.

"It will help calm your tummy" she offered

One sip sent my tastebud into tears. "It's bitter! Yuck!" Eyes squeezed to contain my displeasure.

" Yes, it is. But the drink works, my Ma told me that" Shaun replied.
Philp restlessly stood up from his seat and walked to sit at the edge of the bed. He took the cup from my hand and nudged me to open my mouth.

"You 've got to be kidding me! " I tilled my teeth at him.

He scoffed and took a sip.
The sudden change on his face brought a slight smile and pleasure to me.

" Dammit, Shaun this drink sucks" he voiced out in displeasure.
The room was instantly filled with John and Ayo's laughter.

" Thank you" Shaun courtesy like a princess paying homage to the queen.
" don't hate the creator, hate the med" she went on.

"How is everyone?" I asked, " don't tell me the party ended on my own accord?" I went on.

" No sweetheart " Ayo brushed the hair off of my face. " the party ended about an hour ago. How are you feeling?" He pouts his mouth, which gave away a stupid look.

" I am fine." Ignoring the tensed look on Philip's face, I tried to sit up while I struggled to place a pillow behind me.
" here, let me help," Philip said.

He stood up and shoved the cup into Ayo's hand and moved closer to help me out.
John who witnessed the whole scene gave a loud laugh.

"Anna, you're a queen," John said giving out his Jamaican accent. "I would like you to take the rest of the week off, two weeks at most."

Shaking my head with a negative response, he blurted out " no is not an option."

" I will help out at the office, " Shaun said from the doorway.

Ayo hands the cup back to Philp "dude, finish up what you started." He grinned.

" John is this how you exert your staff?" Philip voiced out

John scoffed at him.
I am not about to witness these two territorial narcissistic scorn or throw a fist at each other. I decided to cough to show my distress.
Philip glanced back at me in despair
" you're taking that vacation."