Chapter 2

"Today we will be doing a quirk apprehension test."

"Wait what about the student orientation and the guidance counselor meeting?!"

A girl with short brown hair asked Aizawa sensei, quirk apprehension test huh? So I'll be able to show off my quirk right?

"If you want to be heroes, we don't have time for frilly niceties. You all understand the school's reputation for freedom on campus. Well, that 'freedom' goes for us teachers too."

So basically he can do whatever he wants? That's pretty awesome! No standardized testing for Japan!

"Softball pitch, standing long jump, 50-meter dash, endurance running, grip strength test, sustained sideways jumps, upper body exercises, seated toe touch. These are all activities you know from middle school, naturally. Physical tests where you were barred from using your quirks."

Are we doing all of that today? That seems super fun but do we even have the time?

"The country still hasn't gotten around to standardizing those sorts of records or keeping track of average performance levels. Well, that's negligence on the part of M.E.X.T."

So they weren't allowed to use their quirks in middle school? I couldn't use mine at all since there aren't any people with quirks on that side of the world yet.

"Bakugou, how far could you pitch a softball in middle school?"

A boy with spiky blonde hair stepped forward, confidence basically dripping from his body. He began to speak in a rough loud tone.

"Sixty-seven meters."

Wow! That's awesome!

"Try using your quirk this time around. As long as you don't exit the circle, anything you do is fine."

Bakugou stepped into a large circle, tossing a softball in his hands. He stretched his arms, rotating them in a circular motion before gearing back to throw the ball.

"DIE!!!!"

Die!? With high speeds the ball zoomed into the sky, leaving a trail of smoke behind it. Sparks emitted from Bakugou's palms as he smiled, satisfied with the distance.

Beep.

"Before anything else, one must know what they're capable of. This is a rational metric that will form the basis of your 'hero foundation'."

Aizawa spoke loud enough for all of us to hear, even though his attention was mainly towards Bakugou. He turned around what seems to be a measuring device to see how far the ball was thrown. I quickly move to the front, peeking from behind Bakugou's back to see the score.

"705.2 Meters?!?"

I gasped out loud as everyone began to excitedly talk amongst themselves explaining how fun it would be. I watch Bakugou look over his shoulder at me, looking down on my short stature.

"705.2 meters is right princess."

W-What?

"It looks fun...you say?"

My thoughts were cut off as I snap my attention to Aizawa-sensei. His face seemed so dark as if he was upset with us.

"So you were planning to spend your three years here having a good ol' time? What happened to becoming heroes?"

Everyone became silent, staring at our dark teacher perched in front of us. I felt myself hold my breath, nervous to even exhale, worried that it would sound like a sarcastic sigh.