Chapter 16

It was the last day of our short break, tomorrow we'd all have to return to school despite our aggressive protests. Like the nerd that I am, I found myself at UA one day earlier. My goal? To talk to Principal Nezu about an urgent matter. I busted through the main doors and quickly rushed myself upstairs to his office. I could hear the pitter patter of my steps as I rushed down the oddly empty hallways. Once I came face to face with his office door, I timidly knocked and listened closely for his soft voice to invite me in. A few moments passed and I knocked on it again. Strange, he told me I was good to come at this time.

"Come in dear."

I heard him happily say as I creaked open the door, I could see him sitting in his ginormous table. As soon as I walked in, I found that I wasn't the only one in the room with him, there were all of the other heroes such as All Might, Aizawa, Midnight, Cementos, Present Mic, and even Recovery Girl. My heart began to thud faster, I was only prepared to talk to him, not everyone else too.

"Thank you for being punctual Ms. Wood."

I smile and bow in front of his desk.

"Please, you can call me Charlie! I'm not quite accustomed to the honorifics."

He smiled and disappeared behind his table, popping out quickly and walked to the various couches where the rest of the heroes were sitting.

"Oh of course! Would you like some tea?"

He motioned his paw to the assortment of teacups and a large teapot.

"Yes please!"

I began to pour myself some of the steaming tea, I need the comfort of this warmth before I hurl myself out the window.

"So you said you had to talk about a particular...student?"

Midnight began, raising one eyebrow as she leaned forward in her seat. I nodded my head timidly and frantically looked for somewhere to sit.

"Oh forgive us young Charlie, we decided to hold this meeting here! We thought you'd be intimidated in the meeting room. Here! Have my seat!"

All Might quickly stood up in all of his brawn and glory and moved aside to let me sit down.

"A-Ah! Thank you!"

I sat down and slowly set my teacup on the small wooden coaster in front of me. Come on Charlie it's okay, you're just talking about an embarrassing topic in front of some of the most respected heroes. Inhale. Exhale. I cleared my throat and looked up to the pro heroes.

"Yes, about that, there's a student I believe would benefit greatly from being in the hero course."

The heroes all shared a look and looked back at me. Principal Nezu's smile never left as he peered at his comrades.

"Who are you thinking, Charlie."

Aizawa spoke up first, considering that was his course and I was in his class, it made plenty of sense that he'd be the most concerned, besides the Principal of course.

"Shinsou Hitoshi in the General Studies course."

The room was completely silent for a few moments. I should elaborate, no I definitely should elaborate. With a new found confidence, I sat up straight and folded my hands in my lap.

"I understand that we fought during the sports festival and I definitely would've lost if not for my specific quirk. He did exceptionally well in the other aspects of the festival as well."

Cementos raised his hand, stopping me from talking.

"Yes, however, most of the students did exceptionally well during the sports festival but we wouldn't just grant them an into the hero course."