Chapter 29

Five times, I've gotten sick five times by the time Mandalay came to retreat me for dinner once again. I forced myself to phase us back to the building just as I had done yesterday. The second my foot hit solid ground, I found myself stumbling forward as Mandalay caught my arm and helped me stand up straight.

"H-Hey! Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, just pushing myself to the limits, you know plus ultra and all that jazz?"

She laughed and helped me walk to the patio before setting me down on a bench in front of Hitoshi. He didn't notice I was there yet, I watched as he expertly cut vegetables, what we seemed to be tasked with today. His shoulders were slack and his hair was tied back out of his face in a messy ponytail. He was already changed in normal clothes like the rest of my friends. His loose white tank top showed his perfect back muscles and his black sweats seemed to fit perfectly. This man is a hot piece of meat! I internally screamed as he continued to cut up the vegetables.

"Sweetheart, can you give this to Uraraka and Tsu who are making the broth today?"

He turned around with a big smile and handed me the cutting board.

"What? You knew I was here?"

"Of course, I know when my lady is around."

He winked and walked away from me back to the sink. My heart thumped in my chest as I slowly walked to the two mentioned girls. They gladly took the tray and dumped its contents into the pot before handing it back to me. The second I got back to our workstation, Toshi grabbed the tray from me and tucked my loose black hair behind my ears.

"You should go wash up and change, after dinner we're having a test of courage competition against Class B."

"Wonderful."

At this point, all I wanted to do was chill in the hot spring and go to bed. But this could be fun too I guess. The walk back to the girl's room was quiet considering everyone was outside. It felt weird being in this silence, especially after training all day and hearing the tortured screams of Tokoyami from the cave near my training station. Once I got to the room, I quickly changed into a black and white striped cami and jean shorts. The smell of cooked food wafted through the lodge and I quickened my pace to get back out to the patio and boost my energy. Test of courage huh? I could beat these people any day! Nothing scares me! At least, that's what everyone would think.

********

Class B took their spots in the woods to prepare to scare us. We all lined up and drew lots to decide who our partners were. Sadly, Hitoshi and I weren't together but I didn't think that would be in the first place. But I'm pretty happy that I got partnered up with Ojiro. The two of us don't talk a ton but from the conversations I've had with him, he seems like a super nice guy. You know, the boy next door type of guy? Hitoshi went off ahead with Momo in the woods, I wonder if he's the type to easily get spooked. He doesn't seem like it, but guys always pretend that they're invincible. Katsuki stormed up to Ojiro and demanded that he switch with him so he didn't have to be with Shoto but he denied. Good, he can't always get what he wants.

I giggle at Katsuki's mini rampage as he stormed off to his unlucky partner. After a few minutes, the two of them disappeared into the woods. Minutes passed and Ojiro and I made polite conversation with each other to ease the awkward tension in between us.

"So you and Shinsou huh? I never saw that coming. You guys seemed to hate each other during the festival."

I laughed and leaned back on my heels as I rocked back and forth.

"Well, we were both focused on winning, friendship doesn't matter when you're fighting each other."

"Heh, jeez Charlie, that sounds harsh."

"Haha, I guess in a way it does. How about you? You and Hagakure seem to spend a lot of time together."

I wiggle my eyebrows as his face immediately turned red, his tail wagging slightly at the mention of her name.

"Awh! You like her don't you!"

I whispered and raised my brows in her direction.

"Shh! A-And yeah I do. Just don't tell her."

"Relax bro, don't worry! I'm not a monster! H-Hey, do you smell burning?"

I raise my nose in the air and take a big whiff of burning wood, the two of us turn around and look above the treeline. Light blue embers raised into the sky, a trail of gray smoke following after.

"Wha-"

Suddenly a loud thud and a scream sounded from a few feet away. I snapped my attention and saw a large man standing over Pixie-Bob with a wrapped rod pressed against her bleeding head. A reptilian man stood over her with his foot pressed against her side. Izuku glared at the men around us and Ojiro ran straight into the woods to look for what I presume was our classmates.

"MANDALAY! I'M GOING TO THE CLASSROOMS TO WARN THEM!"

I screamed at her as I quickly began phasing between the trees and to the large building where remedial classes were being held. Hitoshi! Where are you? I screamed in my mind as I made my way to the building. Wherever you are, please be safe! As I phase in front of the building, a man immediately kicks me over. I slide to the ground but quickly scramble up to my feet. A patchwork man with cerulean eyes stood in front of me, a lazy grin on his face. Blue flames shot out to me and I quickly phased behind him and kicked him in the back. He slid forward but stuck his arm out behind him, shooting another burst of heat my way. I grunted as I hardly phased in time, a slight burn stung my skin.

"Impressive quirk you got there, what is it teleportation?"

He asked as he blocked one of my punches.

"It's none of your freaking business!"

I screamed and grabbed his arm and elbow, quickly twisting him around to throw him over my shoulder. His back laid flat on the ground as I quickly jumped to him to pin him down. My hands were tight on his wrists as he smiled up at me. Suddenly a spark of blue flames came out of his palm and I quickly tore the dimension to cause the fire to go elsewhere.

"Ah, portals maybe?"

He took advantage of my free hand from opening Akryo and grabbed it. His palm heated up causing a searing pain to go through my arm. I screamed and phased away. I cradled my hand to my chest as he stood up and smiled at me. White cloth wrapped around his body tightly and I immediately noticed Aizawa who stood a few feet behind me.

"Well, at the very least, you can refrain from interrupting fights, can't you? Or is this you acting like a good UA teacher?"

Aizawa quickly tightened his scarf, the man's body immediately split in half as a goo like substance. His eyes switched over to me as he smiled darkly.

"You, I look forward to learning all about your quirk. Hope you can protect your students Eraser."

The man dissolved completely into the ground as I scrambled back to stand next to Aizawa.

"The League is here?"