Chapter 6

It was the day of the field trip, the day that I was extremely excited for. I mean, who doesn't love field trips. I daydreamed constantly about what it would be, a hike in the woods, rock climbing, stuff by the ocean, maybe even a hero agency!

"For the foundational skill of heroics we'll study today..."

You mean field trip sensei.

"We'll be the hero everyone needs, whether it's a flood or any other disaster. It's the trial of rescue!"

Aizawa-sensei held out a white block with the word 'rescue' cheesily written in comic book font on it. I look at Shoto sitting next to me and smile at him. He glanced at me as well, sharing a soft smile then turning his attention back to Aizawa. The two of us rarely talked, but when we did it was usually for a long time and about something deep. I guess that's just how it was with him.

A trial of rescue huh? This is the whole point of becoming a hero, I'm excited to not only learn about saving people from villains but also about saving them from natural disasters. But it doesn't take a fool to realize that my specialty isn't suited for natural disasters unless it's occurring at the moment. Saving people who are stuck? Not so much considering that going through a tear in the dimension might seriously injure them based on how hurt they are. Now if there was an avalanche or rock slide, I could probably train myself to be able to tear a hole big enough to suck it up and dispose of it elsewhere.

We all made our way to the locker rooms and changed into our hero suits. The second the class stepped outside, Iida began to give orders, specifying the exact way we should line up to 'smoothly' get in. I ended up sitting next to Midoriya, lucky me considering Shoto seemed lost in his own thoughts and Ochako sat next to Momo.

"Hey Midoriya, your quirk reminds me of All Might's."

Tsuyu bent forward, facing Midoriya with a large smile. I guess in some ways his quirk is like the number one heroes'. Super strong, they both scream smash when they destroy. Not to mention, Midoriya's old costume looked like All Might a bit, at least before it was destroyed by that jerk head. He probably just looks up to All Might a lot. I tuned back into the conversation, noticing Mina roasting Aoyama about his quirk. Dang, I should've been paying more attention again.

"What about Charlie's? She has that cool teleportation thing!"

Kirishima spoke up this time, pointing directly at me. My heart began to beat rapidly as I have yet to fully open up around the whole class, I'm terrible in groups and often times stumble over my own words.

"U-Uh haha yeah it actually dimensions, they're not very flashy if you don't understand them!"

I wave my hands in front of me, trying to diminish the attention as quickly as I could.

"Well, I'm sure you'd be great at tricking villains!"

Izuku spoke up this time, his dark green eyes shining brightly as he turned his body towards me.

"If we're talking flashy AND strong, you can't not mention Todoroki and Bakugou!"

"Bakugou's always mad, he'll never be popular."

Dang, homeboy just got destroyed. I laugh loudly as Bakugou turns around and starts cursing at Tsuyu.

"We've hardly been here and Bakugou is already getting roasted."

I elbow Midoriya's ribs, laughing at my own joke as usual.

"We're almost there, so quiet down!"

Aizawa-sensei shouted from the front of the bus, glaring at as all with tired eyes.

********************

We walk into a large dome-like building, from the steps I can see multiple areas with different types of natural disasters. It's almost like Disney World with all of the themes! A man walks up to us in a large white puffy suit and an alien type of helmet. He looks familiar, maybe I saw him on a poster or something. No, I actually think it was a textbook!

"This is a practical training area I created to simulate all kinds of accidents and disasters. I call it The Ultimate Space for Jams!"

Like Space Jam! With Bugs Bunny and stuff!

"It's Space Hero "No. 13!"

"He's the gentlemanly hero who does phenomenal work with helping disaster relief!"

I watch as Aizawa walks up to No. 13 and begin talking to him. My eyes begin to wander around the room, which one would be best for my quirk? I look towards the burning city in the corner of the room, definitely not. Maybe the mountain area? I groan as I pull my hair, my quirk is only really good for fighting at the moment and even then I have a lot to improve.

"I'm certain you're all already quite aware...."

My eyes travel to the hot-headed blonde, every time I look at him my blood boils over for the way he treated me. Never have I allowed someone to talk to me that way, but recently he seemed different. Almost a bit tamer, maybe reality hit him hard. He starts to look around the room, craning his neck to see the various disasters to choose from. Like me, using his quirk to save someone can be a risk sometimes. What if he bombed a collapsed building and the explosion only causes the loose rubble to crush the citizen?

"...that being said, please don't forget that each of you possesses a quirk that can go awry. One wrong step is all it takes to be able to kill others accidentally. "

Like if they had punctured lungs, going through a dimensional vortex will only crush them even more.

"And during All Might's trial of battle, I think you took away a true sense of the danger of brandishing those powers against one another."

Izuku's costume practically burned off of him in that test, what could've happened if Bakugou actually went all out? I look the boy in question again, this time his scarlet eyes stared back at me. He scoffs and turns his entire body away from me, walking to stand next to Kirishima.

"This lesson will serve as a fresh start! Let's get to studying about how to wield our quirks for the sake of human life! Your quirks emphatically don't exist to hurt others! That is all! You have my gratitude for listening so intently and patiently!"

Everyone began cheering excitedly for the training we were about to do. My eyes went to the aggravating blonde again, what's so different about him?

"HUDDLE TOGETHER AND DON'T MOVE!!! NO. 13 PROTECT THE STUDENTS!"

"What's happening?"

I grab on to Izuku's arm instantly as he uses his arms to back Ochako and me up into the rest of the group. I hear everyone talking quickly around us, I try to look around everyone to get a glimpse of the situation.

"DON'T MOVE! THOSE ARE VILLAINS!"