Chapter 11

I scan through the crowd of students as Midnight briefs us. A calvary race, according to her, we make up our own teams of four and all of our points add up on a bandana and we have to steal other bandanas to add to our points. So basically like the coin races in Mario Kart? Kinda? She gave us fifteen minutes to get our teams together and I immediately begin looking for Hitoshi. I saw him standing alone with a bored expression on his face and I immediately run up to him.

"Hey, Toshi!"

He smiled and ran his hands through my ponytail, causing the familiar heat to rush to my face.

"Hey there Charlie."

"Can I join your team?"

He immediately withdrew his hand from me and looked around nervously.

"I want you to, but maybe you should team up with people from your own class."

I narrow my eyes at him and point my finger to his chest.

"You're going to have to team up with people from other classes anyway, is this about your quirk?"

He stepped back and inhaled sharply, I nailed it right on the head, didn't I?

"Listen, I don't know what your quirk is, but why don't you use it around me?"

"Because I don't want to. Anyways, you wanted to fight against me, didn't you? This is your chance."

He ran his hands through his messy hair, I couldn't help but think about how it looked when it was down. His wavy hair had stuck to his face with the water and reached the base of his chin and neck. When it was down he looked much older, really accentuating his regular maturity, well, aside from his sarcastic remarks.

"I do, but I was hoping we can team up you know?"

I opted for looking at his shoes instead of looking him in the eyes. His hand came up and lifted my chin to look at him. The warmth from his hand radiated through my whole body as he smirked at me.

"We can team up soon sweetness, besides I really want to battle against you. Now go get in a team before time runs out and you're disqualified."

Before I could answer, I see his smile turn into a glare as he stared past me. I turned my head and saw Katsuki storming up to me.

"Hey princess, are you on his team or can you be on mine?"

Even though he asked me, it sounded a lot more like demanding. I turned my body to look at Hitoshi again to see him glaring harshly at my best friend. Though, Katsuki wasn't doing anything different than he was.

"O-Oh! I'm not on his team so yeah I'll join you!"

Hitoshi snapped his gaze to me, his hard violet eyes gazing down on me. He quickly grabbed my hand in his and smiled at me.

"Good luck."

He turned away quickly and stormed off to find some teammates.

"What was that about? F****** weirdo is basically drooling over you."

I turned to face Katsuki who was glaring at Hitoshi's retreating form.

"Listen Katsuki, we're friends okay? Just like how you and I are friends, you wouldn't like it if people assumed we're together right?"

He glared at me and pretended to gag.

"Oh f*** no, that's disgusting. But I don't put my hands all over you like he does!"

I laughed and grabbed his hand to pull him towards the rest of our classmates.

"Come on, we gotta get the rest of our team together."